November 23, 2017, 12:26:57 AM

Author Topic: I Need Help!!!  (Read 2770 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: I Need Help!!!
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 04:12:49 PM »
Here's one like it on Gunbroker for $740 + $25 shipping + $?? transfer fee

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=277869162

The guy I got it from does me pretty good on guns.  He's supposed to require 15% down if you lay it away, but he lets me put down whatever I want (usually $50) and pay on it whenever.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 05:45:55 PM »
Get that one too, BC! Have on on each hip! I can just see ya, one in each hand and blazing away at a charging horde of zombies!  :twisted: And as for grizzly bears, you could just tromp into the den, blazing away!

I can imagine a great TV series starring BC with the blazing hand cannons, blasting a path through crowds of charging towell head enemy, scumbags, zombies, and critters. Dang right. Who would you elect to be costars? Ned and Bo, for sure! Plott and MO would be up to par for the job, too!

You could also have short shots of GP with his petting zoo to please the Bambi group, too.  :wink: 

O0 All humor aside, those are mighty fine handguns, BC!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 08:58:35 AM »
damn ya didnt buy that you stole it!! nice!!!
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 09:33:35 AM »
Folks buy those big bore pistols and are scared of them, so they part with them. I am guessing many huge caliber pistols considered used haven't even been shot.

I know you won't be trading it without it getting used properly, BC!  :twisted: It's nice to know the pistol will stop anything you put it up against.  :)

I hear zombie hunting is excellent in the Atlanta area. Watch out for my old maid mean high school English teacher, Bertha! She may turn up around there. She was rabid before she turned zombie. Shoot her a couple of extra times with your .454 for me, will ya?  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 10:12:09 PM »
I know you won't be trading it without it getting used properly, BC!  >:D

I don't get rid of my guns.  ;)  When it comes to them, I'm a pack rat.  ;D  I've still got every gun that I ever owned.  O0

Went by Bass Pro Shops on Saturday and found some ammo.  Meant to get out yesterday and shoot but never got the chance to.  :'(  Meant to do it today, but again, didn't get the chance to.  :x  Hopefully tomorrow afternoon I'll get out and sling some lead.

I've yet to find a gun that I couldn't shoot.  ;)  I'm sure the .454 Casull won't have any more recoil than the .30-30 Win T/C Contender I've got.  ;D

Nah, I didn't steal it Morax, but pretty close.  ;D  When I walked in that day and saw it, he had $659 on it.  Where I get all of my guns from him (or have them transferred into him), he pretty well keeps me happy.  ;D  Combine that with except for the initial deposit, I pay him cash, he pretty well takes care of me.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 08:27:23 AM »

I don't get rid of my guns.  ;)  When it comes to them, I'm a pack rat.  ;D  I've still got every gun that I ever owned.  O0

Went by Bass Pro Shops on Saturday and found some ammo.  Meant to get out yesterday and shoot but never got the chance to.  :'(  Meant to do it today, but again, didn't get the chance to.  :x  Hopefully tomorrow afternoon I'll get out and sling some lead.

I've yet to find a gun that I couldn't shoot.  ;)  I'm sure the .454 Casull won't have any more recoil than the .30-30 Win T/C Contender I've got.  ;D

Nah, I didn't steal it Morax, but pretty close.  ;D  When I walked in that day and saw it, he had $659 on it.  Where I get all of my guns from him (or have them transferred into him), he pretty well keeps me happy.  ;D  Combine that with except for the initial deposit, I pay him cash, he pretty well takes care of me.  O0
  O0 O0 O0 Sounds like your business takes good care of him, too.

Too many folks don't consider shopping at pawn shops. I have found some great deals in pawn shops.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 10:42:45 AM »
  O0 O0 O0 Sounds like your business takes good care of him, too.

Too many folks don't consider shopping at pawn shops. I have found some great deals in pawn shops.

yeppers!!
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 11:43:32 AM »
People discount the power of cash as well.  ;)   When dealing with a small business, I always try to deal with cash if I can.  Cash can usually get you some pretty good discounts as well.  ;)   Prime example, a few years ago we had a water leak somewhere.  Process of elimination, I figured out it was between the house and the meter.  Had a plumber come out who found the leak.  After dickering with him on the price, he came down from his initial $175 figure on fixing it to the $50 cash I had offered.  O0

Where Bob (my step dad) had the pawn shop, I saw that some pretty decent guns could come through there, and found out the "value" of cash to a small business owner.  ;)   Now, I try to get most of my guns from this guy at the pawn shop.  If there's something in particular I want and he can't get, or I find a good deal on something through GunBroker or another place like that, I'll get it but have it transferred into him.  Normally, he charges $20 to do the paperwork on a transfer.  I think the last time I had one done he charged me $5.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 08:50:18 AM »
 O0 Yeah on the power of cash!

With so many folks going plastic with all transactions, we horse traders are almost a dying breed. I don't just mean the actual means of payment, I am referring to old fashioned wheeling and dealing to get the best deal for our money.

Within the ranks of real traders, a person that doesn't attempt to wheel and deal is considered a person with more money than sense, in most cases.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 02:11:17 PM »
Well I finally got to shoot the beast this past Sunday.

:o :o :o :o :o

All I can say is that a little .44 mag is for puss***!  ;D

This past weekend was our annual Hunter Education Workshop.  I took it with me because I knew I'd have time to sling some lead at least when everything was over with on Sunday.  Sure enough, Sunday after lunch when everything broke up, myself and a couple of buddies went down to the pistol range to fire off a few rounds of the .454 Casull and the .327 Federal Magnum.  I loaded it up, fired off my 6, and then tore the rest of the skin off that the pistol hadn't in the the web of my hand.  Went to the truck and got a napkin to soak up the blood, and a pair of gloves, but while I was there, I got some more napkins because the other 2 had yet to shoot it.  ;D   The next guy that shot it has big old gorilla hands.  He wasn't bleeding after his 6, but he had a blister forming.  The last guy is kind of a little feller anyway.  He fired off the first round and said, "WOW!!!"   ;D   Fired off the other 5 and he was bleeding.  ;D

While we were down there, one of the F&W Hunter Training Officers came down there.  This guy is retired Army, older than dirt (even older than John  :o  ), but he lives, breathes, eats, and sleeps guns.  He easily shoots more in a month than I do all year.  I asked him if he wanted to shoot it, but wasn't having anything to do with the .454 Casull loads.  :o ;D   He had some .45 Colt ammo in his truck that he fired through the gun.  He said it shot really well and really liked the gun.  O0

Since the .454 ammo comes 20/box and we'd fired off 18, there were still 2 rounds left in the one box.  I tacked a target up onto a 4x4 post, got a rest and put both shots through the same hole.  Went up and looked at it and then looked at the post.  ::)   The rounds had busted out the back of the 4x4 post!  :o   >:D

As I said at the start, a .44 mag is for puss***!  ;) ;D :D >:D O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments