December 12, 2017, 03:14:46 AM

Author Topic: anyone use buckskins  (Read 4673 times)

Offline DIXIEBANJO

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: anyone use buckskins
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2005, 04:27:45 PM »
Yeah,thats one bad thing bout mocs.......no traction.
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

travo

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2005, 04:49:06 PM »
at least ill be able to track poon. ill just walk along till i see a few scramble marks and a place 3 feet wide where there is no leaves or vegetation on a hill. there will be claw marks in trees and mauser shells all the way down the hill. then when im bringing someone through there, i can look like an expert. "what in the sam hill happened there?" ill get down on all fours and sniff the dirt, and close one eye."looks like a white male, 5'7",brown hair,about 25,wearing moccasins" then well go to the bottom of the hill, grab his feet,and pull him out of the bushes. i will look like the greatest tracker of all time.

Offline crazysquirrelpoon

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2005, 07:56:54 PM »
i'll buy anyone a cigar who can find a hill around here.........lol...........we are unbeliveibly flat here.......from here to the closest town (7 miles) it only climbs 81 feet
Proud Democrat

Offline DIXIEBANJO

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2005, 04:36:31 AM »
Well if its flat,youll be fine.Youll feel really close to the ground wth mocs and there very quiet.The best leathers for mocs are deer and moose.Moose is better,especially where you live as it gets right chilly. :shock:
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline crazysquirrelpoon

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2005, 06:28:00 AM »
hey dixie.........what kinda mocs would a german shepard make.......dang dog unplugged the car this morning..........wouldn't even try to start. >:(
Proud Democrat

Offline DIXIEBANJO

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2005, 08:20:58 AM »
Maybe..............shepherd shoes? :D ;D

Offline Mallard Drake

• Gut Pile Guide
  • callin with the best.....
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2005, 11:22:39 PM »
better yet crow sheperd moc's
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2005, 01:46:29 PM »
Years ago I had a really bad bone breaking fall because of leather soled boots.  Before all the broken bones mended, I decided no more leather soles for hunting!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Lady_taxidermist

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
    • http://www.brandonwildlifestudio.com
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2005, 09:56:47 PM »
If ya need any help tanning those hides gimmie a shout. Can either do them for ya, or tell ya where you can get some good stuff for tanning-and easy to use. Either way.

LadyT
Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently and for the same reason.

Sometimes i aim to please, but mostly i just shoot to kill.

All of us were born crying. Some of us outgrow it.

Offline john

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2005, 04:14:09 PM »
it just occured to me,if you want totry this yet...tandy leather probably has rubber moc soles. it would be worth a look.if thereisn'tatanddy near you,theres probably a leather crafters shop of some sort. ormaybe a shoe repairplace could find some for you.

Facebook Comments