November 22, 2017, 05:26:12 PM

Author Topic: redneck jaw jacker/auto fisherman hook setter  (Read 10012 times)

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
redneck jaw jacker/auto fisherman hook setter
« on: January 04, 2012, 11:21:19 AM »
I know most of you don't do any kind of ice fishing, but if you jjig from a dock or set dead bait for cats this just may be a winner for you.  how it works is, you bend the pole and find the sweet spot for the parabolic curve meaning the tip of the pole in perpendicular to the trigger and all the the presuure is pushing out instead of up, when the fish hit the bait the trigger releases the tip of the pole and sets the hook.  I have been eyeing the jaw jacker and auto fisherman for quite some time now, but i didn't really like the price so i had everything but the trigger figured out and found some inspiration online...  i think it looks pretty good, i'll be putting it to use this saturday...  with this length it works perfect for my 24" medium action and 24" ultra light, i figure the medium for trout lakes and the ultra for perch.  i made three different triggers last night and figured out the longer the trigger the lighter the pull.  i filled the cross braces with silicon and sand for some added weight.  let me know what you think.

Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: redneck jaw jacker/auto fisherman hook setter
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 12:27:23 PM »
Redneck Engineering at it's finest.  O0   Let us know how it works.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 06:35:44 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 10:13:28 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 Looks really good, Dune! You are a tinkerer of the first degree!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments