October 18, 2017, 01:53:20 AM

Author Topic: coonb huntin with dogs  (Read 3235 times)

Offline eagleye

coonb huntin with dogs
« on: January 22, 2005, 07:01:23 PM »
hay yall i've been down a while but glad ta be back ize wonderun if any of yall did any coon huntin with dogs cause im fixin ta get me a redbone puppy if yall got any tips i'd appreciate it
shoot first ask questions later

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
coonb huntin with dogs
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 08:21:31 PM »
Haven't for a long time. Hey, it's good to have ya back! We used to do a lot of coon hunting. One of my cousins had a really big redbone that was a good dog, and a good kill dog. We ran a lot of dogs back in those days. Good luck with the redbone. If you make a good selection, he could be a real coon dog.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
coonb huntin with dogs
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 04:31:58 PM »
Red bones are hard charging dogs, and really like to fight a coon. One great way of training them, that I've seen, is with coon scent and house cats. Cruise you local paper for the "Free Cats to Good Home" section, and you should be able to secure a steady supply. Start with smaller cats and then work up to big mean feral toms that have to be live trapped. Have fun, in no time your redbone should be able to give a wounded big boar coon all he can handle.
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Facebook Comments