October 17, 2017, 07:37:10 AM

Author Topic: Bird watching  (Read 3230 times)

Squirrelhunter91

Bird watching
« on: January 22, 2005, 08:40:01 PM »
I like watching what comes to the feeder. I love it when the squirrels come.... The squirrels and my pellets have some bonding to do. But while I am waiting, I throw some feed out on the deck railing and watch what comes to it. The squirrels dare not come that close to the house. Here is a pic of some cardinals that visit the feeder regularly. Anybody else watch the feeder and take pics of the critters that visit? I find it fun.

Offline huntsman

• Gut Pile Guide
  • One shot. One kill. No exceptions.
Bird watching
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 08:59:51 PM »
I look out my backdoor and watch the birds and tree rats go to my neighbors feeder.BUT THE DAM* BEARS COME FROM SPRING TO EARLY WINTER! :x But the birds are nice to watch. :D
One shot
One kill
No exceptions

travo

Bird watching
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 05:48:24 PM »
ive got a few feeders. i have an old bluejay with one eye who has come back for the last 4 years. i never see him except for in the winter. its kinda cool.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Bird watching
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 06:41:22 PM »
We have a feeder right out our kitchen window, within about 2 feet from the glass. The only 2 birds that are using it are a couple of smart finches. I  think they are keeping the feeder a secret, being the only birds we have seen there. We live at the top of the river bluff and see a lot of squirrels, birds (including eagles) and wildlife around the house. Last night I had a big coyote in our back yard while my Basset pup and 1 yr. old mixed female basset/hound were chained out. I think I had better keep a close eye on my dogs and hungry 'yotes.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Squirrelhunter91

Bird watching
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 06:47:47 PM »
Quote from: John Andrews
We have a feeder right out our kitchen window, within about 2 feet from the glass. The only 2 birds that are using it are a couple of smart finches. I  think they are keeping the feeder a secret, being the only birds we have seen there. We live at the top of the river bluff and see a lot of squirrels, birds (including eagles) and wildlife around the house. Last night I had a big coyote in our back yard while my Basset pup and 1 yr. old mixed female basset/hound were chained out. I think I had better keep a close eye on my dogs and hungry 'yotes.

GET THE YOTE! USE THE BOW! NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW! :twisted:

Offline Mallard Drake

• Gut Pile Guide
  • callin with the best.....
Bird watching
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 07:45:39 PM »
have you ever heard of the saying if they dont know it cant hurt them.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline huntsman

• Gut Pile Guide
  • One shot. One kill. No exceptions.
Bird watching
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2005, 11:07:16 PM »
I'd shoot that dam*n yote next tme it shows up.I'd do it to make sure it doesn't get your pups.
One shot
One kill
No exceptions

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Bird watching
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2005, 12:34:11 PM »
I'm worried about it, too. I went out the back door to bring in the chained up dogs and spotted the big 'yote just a few feet away from the 1 year old female pup. The 5 month old Bassett pup was right by the other pup. I didn't see any other coyotes, but the one I saw was a huge one, probably a male. I will use something good and lethal on him if I see him again, neighbors or not. Our County Attorney lives right next door and is a friend of mine, so I don't expect any problems if I have to shoot a coyote to protect my pups, if it is clearly going to harm them. We raised a coyote and had her for almost 8 years. She got really big and interacted readily with the neighbor dogs. You remember Coco, henry? A large male coyote or a pack would have other ideas, mainly killing dogs and probably eating them.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Bird watching
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2005, 06:02:33 PM »
Here's one from my feeder, this one learned how to reach the food...

so I moved the feeder, let's see if that works...
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline squirrelsniper

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • What's Up?
    • http://antlerinnforums.myfreeforum.org/index.php
Bird watching
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2005, 06:10:28 PM »
My dad and i take a lot of pictures although thats my dads job (part time professinal outdoor photogragher)

Facebook Comments