December 16, 2017, 06:01:20 AM

Author Topic: Bird watching  (Read 3313 times)

Squirrelhunter91

Bird watching
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2005, 06:17:20 PM »
firekidd.... Thats why you get yourself a pellet gun and shoot those smart squirrels. Its quiet, effective and is lightweight. Those squirrels are also problems because they chew up the feeder because they cannot reach the feed.

Here is a pic of my feeder. There is no squirrel there because they dare not come that close to the house.

travo

Bird watching
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2005, 09:16:28 PM »
what kind of squirrel is that, firekidd?

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Bird watching
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2005, 07:32:56 AM »
It's a gray squirrel.  That's the main type of squirrel running around in KY and southern IN.  It's probably the same up in Firekidd's neck of the woods also.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Mallard Drake

• Gut Pile Guide
  • callin with the best.....
Bird watching
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2005, 12:24:44 PM »
good ol pellet gun oughta take care that squirrels problem.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

travo

Bird watching
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2005, 01:29:35 PM »
Weve just got the big red ones. fox squirrels, i think.

Offline Mallard Drake

• Gut Pile Guide
  • callin with the best.....
Bird watching
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2005, 05:20:16 PM »
yeah that would be the big red ones or the small ones are red squirrels.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Re: Bird watching
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2005, 01:31:00 PM »
In town it's mostly greys....  Out of town it's mostly fox squirrels...  (fat ones too)

But no that you mention it....  some of the greys in town have some suspicious looking  reddish blotches on their back.....   maybe cross-breeds???
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Squirrelhunter91

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2005, 08:45:37 PM »
possibly firekidd.. ;D

Offline DIXIEBANJO

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2005, 04:29:39 AM »
In town it's mostly greys....  Out of town it's mostly fox squirrels...  (fat ones too)

But no that you mention it....  some of the greys in town have some suspicious looking  reddish blotches on their back.....   maybe cross-breeds???
        I see a lot of gray squirrels with reddish backs,or red blotches on them.I was thinking maybe they were just gray/fox mixes also.I have a feeling they are.Either that,or its  now popular in the gray squirrel comunity ,to dye your fur red :D
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Facebook Comments