December 12, 2017, 06:43:19 PM

Author Topic: Unusual bunny day  (Read 1284 times)

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
Unusual bunny day
« on: January 07, 2012, 09:39:26 AM »
Had a strange day hunting Friday. A buddy and I hit a grown-over former pasture that has been real good to us in the past.  There were tracks and pills everywhere that there was some remaining snow, but we just couldn't jump one to save our life. They were sitting real tight and what few we did jump almost had to be touched. Then they proceeded to leave the country. Why run around in the brush when you can run highways, ridgelines, and housing subdivisions. One bunny even sat so tight the dogs grabbed him. Finally managed to bag four. Still beats watching TV
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Unusual bunny day
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 10:31:11 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 For the rabbits sitting so tight, you fellas and the dogs still did pretty good, elwood! What was the weather like, pretty cold?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 05:00:21 PM »
Congrats on the bunnies Ellwood!  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 02:53:44 PM »
Rabbits have been sitting tight all season at everyplace I have been. It's fear I tell you fear!!!

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Facebook Comments