December 13, 2017, 12:03:33 PM

Author Topic: WTF Is Wrong With People??  (Read 548 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
WTF Is Wrong With People??
« on: January 05, 2012, 03:31:43 PM »
What the F**K is wrong with people??  :tickedoff

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/130874/dead_teen_sued_by_victim?utm_medium=sem2&utm_campaign=outbrain&utm_source=outbrain&utm_content=outbrain&quick_picks=1

Go figure........  The land of Obama.....  :idiot2
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: WTF Is Wrong With People??
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 04:26:32 PM »
There's plenty wrong with people. Problem I have with the story is that we don't know the name of the victim or the 58 year old woman and the location of all this. The story says the train is an Amtrak but why not tell the entire story? Smells kinda funny.

If this turns out to be real though, It will be hard for the injured woman to find a sympathetic jury. A smart civil trial lawyer can not only win this case, but with help from the jury make the woman get stuck with court costs.

Assuming it goes that far. It could be just as easily thrown out by the presiding judge.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 04:46:35 PM »
No surprise, it's in Illinios.  ::)

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 04:52:46 PM »
More info on it.....

http://www.newser.com/story/136459/dead-accident-victim-to-be-sued-over-flying-body-parts.html

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-train-fatality-suit-20111229,0,1641941.story

Ruling in what it called a "tragically bizarre" case, an appeals court found that the estate of a man killed by a train while crossing the Edgebrook Metra station tracks can be held liable after a part of his body sent airborne by the collision struck and injured a bystander.

In 2008, Hiroyuki Joho, 18, was hurrying in pouring rain with an umbrella over his head, trying to catch an inbound Metra train due to arrive in about five minutes when he was struck by a southbound Amtrak train traveling more than 70 mph.

A large portion of his body was thrown about 100 feet on to the southbound platform, where it struck Gayane Zokhrabov, then 58, who was waiting to catch the 8:17 a.m. train to work. She was knocked to the ground, her leg and wrist broken and her shoulder injured.

A Cook County judge dismissed Zokhrabov's lawsuit against Joho's estate, finding that Joho could not have anticipated Zokhrabov's injuries.

A state appeals court, after noting that the case law involving "flying bodies" is sparse, has disagreed, ruling that "it was reasonably foreseeable" that the high-speed train would kill Joho and fling his body down the tracks toward a platform where people were waiting.

Leslie Rosen, who handled Zokhrabov's appeal, said that while the circumstances of the case were "very peculiar and gory and creepy," it ultimately was a straightforward negligence case, no different than if a train passenger had been injured after the engineer hit the brakes.

"If you do something as stupid as this guy did, you have to be responsible for what comes from it," she said.

Joho's mother, Jeung-Hee Park, who had just dropped him off before the accident, filed her own lawsuit against Metra and the Canadian Pacific Railway. The lawsuit said both entities were negligent because Joho had no warning that what he thought was his Metra train was actually an express Amtrak train.

The Metra train was delayed that day, but there was no announcement on the platform's loudspeakers. A Cook County judge found that the railroads had no duty to warn about such an "open and obvious danger" as a moving train, a decision upheld on appeal.

Keith Davidson, one of Park's attorneys, said he is seeking to appeal that ruling to the Illinois Supreme Court.

Two months after Joho's death, another person was killed while crossing the Edgebrook station tracks in Chicago. Joyce Chiriboga, 48, died after being struck while following her sister across the tracks in a case that alleged a Metra engineer had failed to keep lookout and blow the horn in time.

The case was recently settled for an undisclosed amount, court records show.

Other Illinois "flying body" cases include a 1974 Supreme Court ruling from La Grange in which a passenger in a two-car crash at Brainard Street and Ogden Avenue was thrown 30 feet into a public parkway. His leg, which had to be amputated, was impaled on a broken piece of drain pipe the town had left by the road, but courts found that La Grange could not be held liable.

In 1951, a postal worker in Momence, Ill., was seriously injured after a train struck an elderly woman whose body knocked him into his mail cart, breaking his leg. But in that case, he successfully sued the railroad for operating a train at an unsafe speed.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 05:58:40 PM »
This is a messed up legal system we live in...  poor family.
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 08:58:35 PM »
This all started back in 2008?

God what a waste. And people wonder how f'd up our courts can be?

The sick and sad thing is if this bitc* wins. The only probable recourse for the family of the dead man will be to file for bankruptcy. They lose their son and then wind up having to destroy whatever retirement or future they had planned for. You'ved just lost your son to a violent act and now we're going to take your house and car and pension and bank account....
Did you listen to what the bitc*s lawyer said? It was like he/she/it was talking about a dog or cat being hit by a car. God I hate all lawyers.

This is wrong. Period.

Hopefully the supreme court will show some common sense and do the right thing. Yea, and pigs will grow wings and fly.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 09:12:19 AM »
This all started back in 2008?

God what a waste. And people wonder how f'd up our courts can be?

The sick and sad thing is if this bitc* wins. The only probable recourse for the family of the dead man will be to file for bankruptcy. They lose their son and then wind up having to destroy whatever retirement or future they had planned for. You'ved just lost your son to a violent act and now we're going to take your house and car and pension and bank account....
Did you listen to what the bitc*s lawyer said? It was like he/she/it was talking about a dog or cat being hit by a car. God I hate all lawyers.

This is wrong. Period.

Hopefully the supreme court will show some common sense and do the right thing. Yea, and pigs will grow wings and fly.
Yeah on that!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 09:45:41 AM »
i am guessing though that because the son was 18, and the lady can sue his estate he probably isn't worth much, hopefully because he was a legal adult the liability won't fall on the parents.
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 04:21:23 PM »
i am guessing though that because the son was 18, and the lady can sue his estate he probably isn't worth much, hopefully because he was a legal adult the liability won't fall on the parents.

Who said anything about an estate? This has been going on since 2008. The amount of money that this family has spent on lawyer fees has got to be going through the roof. Whatever this kid had was probably spent during the initial meeting the family had with the lawyers. Since he was only 18, it's more than likely he had no will, since how many 18 year olds think they're going to die? If he didn't leave a will and was unmarried, the assumption would be that his estate would go to his closest living relative, which in this case appears to be his parents.

The appeals court obviously found something that would indicate this since they allowed a dead mans family to be sued. If it was just about the deceased the court would have thrown the case out. For them to say it's ok to continue suggests that the boy lived at home or had some kind of economic relationship with his family at the time of his death.

Assuming this kid or his family are regular middle class folks, they've spent all the dead boys money and are well into the parents money by now.

Civil cases are nothing like criminal cases where you have to prove a persons guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. In civil case the rules are less obvious and the jury/judge has more leeway.

This is a guess on my part, but I think it's fair guess; the woman who is suing the parents, knew the parents would be suing the railroad and those connected with it. She was hoping that if the parents won, she could get some of the loot and even if they lost she might get something from them. There's no telling what kind of pitch the lawyer gave to the lady.

There is a chance that the family of the dead man will win.

There is a chance the lady who is suing will win.

It's a 100% fact the lawyers will win. They always do in cases like this.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 08:52:32 AM »
Well said, bo! That's the way it usually works.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments