October 20, 2018, 04:56:04 PM

Author Topic: Oklahoma lawmakers study open carry  (Read 415 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Oklahoma lawmakers study open carry
« on: September 21, 2011, 10:04:31 AM »
Oklahoma lawmakers study open carry

Lawmakers took aim Tuesday at expanding gun rights in Oklahoma by allowing citizens to openly carry firearms, an issue that has become an emotionally charged one at the Capitol with differing opinions on just how far legislation should go. Members of the Public Safety Committee took testimony from law enforcement, academics and proponents of expanded gun rights as they decided how to proceed with an open carry bill. Rep. Mark McCullough, who requested the study, said his plan is to take a strategic approach to expanding firearm rights that would include drafting a variety of bills on the subject.

Read About It: The Oklahoman (Oklahoma City, Okla.)
Posted: 9/21/2011 9:49:17 AM

Note: Many news sites archive stories after a short period of time. If the link above is expired please contact the site for information about accessing this story.

Copyright 2011, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.
11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030 800-392-8683

Courtesy of the NRA-ILA:  http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/InTheNews.aspx?ID=15544

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:06:11 AM by Big58cal »
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Oklahoma lawmakers study open carry
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 08:48:26 AM »
I don't understand the problem with open carry. They worry some light in the loafers fruitcake would be scared or offended when seeing a gun strapped on, in open sight?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 02:49:22 PM »
Sounds like a great idea to me. Mr.Bad Guy might hesitate when he doesn't know how many guns are there that he can't see, but when he sees X number of guns and knows that there maybe even more that he can't see..... I know I'd think twice.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 09:26:23 AM »
Folks that open and conceal carry need to train themselves to keep their weapon protected from being snatched, etc, the gun covered with their elbows and also using their body to block the sidearm from being snatched. This is when other people are within close quarters while standing in line, etc.

It is second nature for folks that carry full time and it is something we are trained to do.

One must be aware at all times of all people that are within snatching distance, no matter who or what the other people appear to be. Consider EVERYONE within comfort zone as a possible weapon snatcher or assailant.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments