December 17, 2017, 03:09:00 AM

Author Topic: Kansas: Seniors may have to pay hunting, fishing fees  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Kansas: Seniors may have to pay hunting, fishing fees
« on: January 10, 2012, 04:07:56 PM »
Kansas: Seniors may have to pay hunting, fishing fees

Hunting, fishing and enjoying state parks might cost senior citizens more if the Legislature approves a request from the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism to end special fees and exemptions for residents 65 years and older.

Read About It: The Topeka Capital Journal (Kans.)
Posted: 1/9/2012 9:38:57 AM

Note: Many news sites archive stories after a short period of time. If the link above is expired please contact the site for information about accessing this story.

Copyright 2011, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.
11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030 800-392-8683
Contact Us | Privacy & Security Policy
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Kansas: Seniors may have to pay hunting, fishing fees
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 04:20:57 PM »
Before too many people on here get their panties in a twist about this, let me explain it a little more.....

KY did the same thing a few years back.  Used to be, seniors got a free license, but had to buy all of the tags (ex: turkey & deer).  They changed to where seniors purchase a $5 combination hunting/fishing license instead of a free license, and all of their tags are included.  They did this for 2 reasons.  One was to track the number of people there actually were, and two, it was so they could receive the $5 matching funds from the USFWS.  $5 is not going to break ANYONE and helps the KDFWR get more federal money they previously couldn't with free licenses.  Fish & Wildlife agencies only receive the matching funds on licenses, not tags.  It works out to be a heck of a lot cheaper for the seniors.  O0

Landowners and their dependant children, hunting on their own land, do not need any licenses or tags.  Tenants farmers and their dependant children, hunting on land they reside on and work, are also exempt from the license/tags.

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments