October 21, 2017, 12:50:34 AM

Author Topic: Iowa: Legislators expected to have intense debate over lead shot and doves  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Iowa: Legislators expected to have intense debate over lead shot and doves

Legislators are likely to engage in a spirited debate over what kind of bullets may be fired at doves. Last year, in uncharacteristically speedy fashion, lawmakers voted to legalize dove hunting in Iowa. But Senator Dick Dearden of Des Moines and others are upset with the Iowa Natural Resources Commission's decision to forbid hunters from using lead shot when firing at doves.

Read About It: Radio Iowa (Des Moines, Iowa)
Posted: 1/12/2012 9:34:55 AM

Note: Many news sites archive stories after a short period of time. If the link above is expired please contact the site for information about accessing this story.

Copyright 2011, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.
11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030 800-392-8683
Contact Us | Privacy & Security Policy
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Dearden says he got plenty of hate mail after spearheading passage of the dove hunting law last year. “My favorite was a woman who said: ‘You’re a sick old man. I hope you die while hunting mourning doves,’” Dearden says. “I e-mailed her back and said: ‘So do I.’”

That's funny right there!  ;D

Can you tell that the article was written by either a non or anti-hunter?  This phrase pretty well is the tip off...........

One study suggested lead particles have been found up to a foot and a half away, causing a greater risk of lead poisoning to humans than previously thought.

That may be true of a single projectile that fragments, but lead shot?  :?   Also, I'd like to see how those lead particles are going to travel 1.5 feet on a dove.  ::)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Dick Dearden and his pals are real morons!  :tickedoff
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
I bet Iowa has got some serious dove hunting with all that corn, wheat and god knows what all for dove to feed on!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
I bet Iowa has got some serious dove hunting with all that corn, wheat and god knows what all for dove to feed on!
  O0 We sure do! All those years of fighting to get a dove season while scads of doves were mocking us was hard to accept.  :tickedoff
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments