October 23, 2017, 08:30:24 PM

Author Topic: Ya' Buncha' SLACKERS!  (Read 3271 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Ya' Buncha' SLACKERS!
« on: January 12, 2012, 03:22:40 PM »
Where ya'll at?  :knuppel2 :knuppel2
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Ya' Buncha' SLACKERS!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 03:31:04 PM »
I'm saving the world from the bad guys and keeping all the really hot women satisfied. It's a thankless and dirty job, but someone has to do it.

But mostly.....I'm just hanging out and looking cool.

I put the STYLE in Gut Pile Style. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 03:39:14 PM »
.........But considering all the magazines I've been on the cover of, y'all already know that and that's why you come here! :D ;D :-P :twisted: :roll:

Orkin is sending me on an all expense paid trip to hunt the Ukranian Termite. The most dangerous creature known to man. Even more deadly than the Manchurian Chihuahua.

:D :D :D
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 09:43:03 AM »
and keeping all the really hot women satisfied. It's a thankless and dirty job, but someone has to do it.
I put the STYLE in Gut Pile Style. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll:

Should we assume its dirty based on the general size of your women or is it their hygiene?  ;)
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 09:44:35 AM »
 O0 ;D Good luck with the hunt, bo!

I haven't been hunting for a week but shot some more squirrels last weekend with my go to squirrel rifle, the HMR.

My wife's father passed away Sunday night, so I took this week off. He is sure missed, was a great guy.

We traded off my wife's Dodge Neon for a Mazda Trubute with all wheel drive a couple of days ago,  just in time to try it out in a snowstorm that hit yesterday and last night. It rides and handles great.

Wife's Neon was hard to climb in and out of and seemed to me it was a real butt dragger. I didn't drive it often, always preferring to drive my Tundra.

My Tundra still RULES!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 12:05:47 PM »
ALLRIGHT !!

The Missus and I did go to our semi canned hunt. I was curious to see what a "hunt" in a Preserve was like. It isn't like walking into a petting zoo as the deer will not eat out of your hand but it comes close. Semi canned, well they weren't tied up to a tree.  :wink: We have pixes and as soon as the wife will put them in the 'puter I'll post some.

I did take the 45-70 with me and shot what I guesstimate a 250+ lb Doe with a handload using the 300 gr Rem HP downloaded to approx 1750fps MV.

Now I have no beef with the CorLokt bullets. The HP's are another thing. It was a close shot about 30 yards and we ended up with three holes from one bullet.
The entrance was one totally demolished rib and the ones in either side didn't look serviceable either. Somewhere inside the chest cavity after liquefying both lungs the bullet became two or more pieces. There is an exit hole, smaller then the entrance which did "in" another rib however the shoulder on the off side was also mushed and became scrap.

One nice thing about those types of hunt is we sat in solid groundstand with a propane heater, swivel padded seats and enough room for both of us the be comfy. You get a two way radio to holler for help or whatever you need.

Now here is another one of those amazing things. After the shot there was very little reaction from the Doe, I wasn't even sure if I hit her( at 30 yards !!) because she walked slowly away to stop after maybe 20 feet or so and fell down, a few more kicks and that was it.
No panic flight or a leap in the air.

Now comes the neat thing. The wife gets on the radio and calls " Doe Down, Doe down" and the management shows up with a Quad pullling a sled. In goes the Doe without me having on hair or a spot of blood on my fingers.

Rifles, shells, jackets etc are collected by the crew. The sled is pushed onto a small trailer and transported to a custom butcher. The Preserve owner skins( first) the deer which is hoisted up by an overhead winch,head and lower legs are removed then he guts the critter, next comes a complete wash with cold water. Then a power saw cuts the deer in half and there is another rinse with warm water, I couldn't see one single hair on the carcass. After given the butcher his instructions the meat gets vacuum packed and was ready by 10 AM the next morning and we drove home that day.
We had our first meat loaf last night and it was delicious, not one itty bit of wild game taste  to it.

The only thing that was difficult on the whole situation was to get a clear shoot. All kinds of stags, both Red Deer and Fallow bucks kept milling around and it would have been easy to shoot or wound the wrong animal. If it got antlers on it you pay big or bigger $$ for your mistake.

Would I go back ?  Nope, I satisfied my curiosity, tried out the 45-70 and found the Rem bullets in that weight and style wanting.

Therewith ends the Tale.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:46:51 PM by BBF »

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 05:41:57 PM »
We've discussed this topic before, and I've never heard it set up like what you did. I've never been to one, but have thought about going to one and using my bow to shoot a sheep or goat.

I think preserves have a place. Young people or even adults starting out, who don't come from a background of the outdoors need to learn somewhere and I think preserves can help there. Preserves can be a good environment to test out new equipment. New weapons or loads that you'd like to see how they perform and your regular hunting season is closed or hasn't come in yet.

I'm an experienced hunter but living in the south I don't get much snow to hunt in. I've thought about going to a preserve in the winter and try and stalk sheep or goats in the snow and use my bow. I've never been able to do that before and it would be a new experience that would require some skill. Get close enough for a bow is different from sitting in a tree like I usually do.

With the weather having been so crazy though, I'd probably book a hunt and it would wind up being 120 degrees when I got there! :'( :'( :'( :'( :sad: :sad: :sad:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 06:49:48 AM »
  O0 O0 O0 O0 That worked out good,BBF!

O0 O0 O0 O0 Yeah on that, bo!

I ended up taking last week off because of my wonderful father in law passing away, as well as a cousin passing away, and also the death of my best friends's son last Thursday.  :'( 

I did kill some squirrels Monday, between all going on.  :twisted:

Had the flu and stayed home from work last night.  :sad:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 06:52:33 PM »
I promised pictures, so here they are! :)

BBF

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 06:54:08 PM »
A couple more pixes.

Facebook Comments