October 19, 2017, 09:34:21 PM

Author Topic: Ya' Buncha' SLACKERS!  (Read 3267 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Ya' Buncha' SLACKERS!
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 10:08:11 AM »
Thanks, bo!

I'm always careful when hunting and fishing out of state and traveling with guns.

One wrong shot can land you homeless and broke. My brother Charlie was hunting and saw a group of well equipped out of staters in Colorado get busted for poaching elk. The fools returned home with only the shirts on their backs.  The group returned to Colorado to try to buy back their nice new motorhome, guns, and what equipment they could, at an auction. My brother wasn't involved with that group, was hunting not far from them and saw the whole deal go down.  :twisted:

I've heard of folks geting hammered with unexpected big sums while hunting pay areas.  :shock:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 10:09:50 AM »

Hate to hear that John.  :'(   They say that things like that come in 3's, so if it's any consolation, it looks like the "3" has run it's course.
Thanks, BC! Yeah, it sure does come in 3's!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 02:01:49 PM »
Furthest ever shot on a moose was approx 100 yards for me. Most less then half of that. Ex-son in law could have speared one. They got poor eyes(relatively speaking) damn good ears and sniffer. I know what you mean with those scout rifles, a 308 Win with a 16 1/2 barrel :shock:
What is even more amazing is that this rifle is legal in Canada. Who da thunked that! :D

Does you Handi have a wood stock or plastic? I bought one of those after market kits that look like their survivor stocks except I don't have the ammo storage compartment in it.

I don't need any more rifles then I have now but  I couldn't resist the Savage Axis package Sale here for $ 279 bucks.  I got it in 308 Win and have Dies plus a whole bunch of different bullets for it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 05:01:25 PM »
Years ago Jeff Cooper popularized the concept of the scout rifle. There's a lot of custom jobs out there, but they ain't cheap and for some reason, BC hasn't got around to buying me one yet. So I had to settle  for a Savage.

It's still a good little rifle. My only real complaint is the trigger pull snaps to easy. It's not for deer hunting though, I carry it in my patrol car and in my truck in the event  something along the North Hollywood bank robbery/shoot out happens. I don't care how much body armor they have on. My .308 will put a 168 grain spitzer in their eye socket, and that will be that.

I've still got the wooden stock on my 45-70. I've seen the ones you're talking about and if I'm not mistaken you can get a plastic one now with a pistol grip on it. I'll probably stick with what I've got, because it really does fit me well. I'm not the tallest guy in the world but I workout and have kind of a stocky build and the stock fits me like a glove. I don't handload but on occasion shoot those expensive Buffalo Bore loads and the recoil isn't all that bad, because of how it fits up into my shoulder.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:03:35 PM by bohicajuan »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 07:20:57 PM »
I'm not the tallest guy in the world but I workout and have kind of a stocky build and the stock fits me like a glove.

Saying that you're not tall is kind of an understatement isn't it?  ::) :?   Midgets are short and stocky.  ;)

I found some pictures of you Bo.....

Down on the farm

Playing basketball

You and your crew

You and Satan's daughter during "happier" times

The 60's..........

Karoke night

Who needs Dirty Harry when we've got Nasty Bo

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 09:07:18 PM »
Hey!! Me and my crew overthrew half the governments in central and south America! When they knew we were coming......They knew it was time to get gone! We got you from above and we got you from below!! In case you didn't notice.....I'm Spiderman!

Stop being Jealous of me when I was a Texas Ranger. Me and my horse "galloping death" took on the toughest hombres, this side of the Rio Grande!! You'll notice I didn't even wear a gun. I WAS a gun!!

That wasn't karoke night. I was the lead act at the MBET awards in 1987. Michael tried to take me home with him until he found out I wasn't a child!! :knuppel2 :tickedoff

That sure as hell isn't Satans daughter either. She never looked that good and she never smiled. The only time she picked up a golf club was to try and bash my brains out with it! :'( :'( :buck2 :buck2

Everyone of those other pictures were also the covers of various magazines! So there!!! :-P :-P :twisted:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:15:07 PM by bohicajuan »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2012, 09:14:30 AM »
 :shock: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2012, 11:50:37 AM »
Hell Bo ya come up to my place and I can take ya on a fenced in deer hunt in the snow. there is huge bucks and does so take yer pick of what ya wanna shoot. Wont even cost ya anything either as long as ya bring yer own bolt cutters and dont take to long pickin the 1 ya wanna shoot  ;D and ,the dash fer the fence and wild ride in the pickup outta there before the guy who owns the deer farm catches us, will be one the house  :twisted:
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2012, 10:33:23 AM »
Hell Bo ya come up to my place and I can take ya on a fenced in deer hunt in the snow. there is huge bucks and does so take yer pick of what ya wanna shoot. Wont even cost ya anything either as long as ya bring yer own bolt cutters and dont take to long pickin the 1 ya wanna shoot  ;D and ,the dash fer the fence and wild ride in the pickup outta there before the guy who owns the deer farm catches us, will be one the house  :twisted:
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D And then head here for some great fenced elk!

BBF

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2012, 10:43:53 AM »
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D And then head here for some great fenced elk!

ELK !!!   Drool !!
Details !! :twisted:

Facebook Comments