November 20, 2017, 02:19:28 PM

Author Topic: Fishing in Cabo  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Fishing in Cabo
« on: January 17, 2012, 07:50:19 AM »
In just over 3 weeks, some friends and I will be in Cabo San Lucas for a couple of days. While we're there, we wanted to get some fishing in. Looking online, everything I've seen is an advertisement for this or that fishing charters but I'm more interested in personal experience. I don't suppose any of you folks have ever fished out of Cabo, hmmm?

Either way, pics will be forthcoming...
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Fishing in Cabo
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 08:24:50 AM »
I'm guessing of all of the critters on here, Bo would be most likely to have done it.  Probably got his picture on a magazine while he was down there.  ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 09:49:09 PM »
As a matter of fact I have spent some time in Cabo. Didn't get my picture on a magazine cover, but I did get it on a wanted poster. :buck2 :buck2 :buck2

Problem is....I spent  the days scuba diving and the nights chasing women. Both scuba diving and women chasing are big sports down there.

During the winter most of the really good fishing is a few months away. Dorado or what we call dolphin should be pretty good. Shark fishing should be really good. They have several species of marlin, and I would bet that at least one type is nearby during the winter.

Mention my name and see if they try and kill you. If they do then it means they haven't forgot. :D :twisted: :roll: :wink:

All joking aside, use common sense when looking to charter anything down there. The nicer the boat the better and more professional the captain and crew will be. If you get into the fish, make sure you leave a good tip to the mates and the captain.

Unless otherwise agreed to, the fish you catch will be the property of the boat and the crew. You're paying for a chance to fish and after you catch the fish, if it's not released, becomes the sole property of the boat.

This is pretty much standard not just in Mexican waters but if you go down to the Keys in Florida, they do the same thing there.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 09:54:36 PM by bohicajuan »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 10:35:20 PM »
I've spent about half my life in latin America. I know the language, the people, the dos and the donts, but when I go down there, I always keep my head on a swivel and never let someone take me somewhere or give me something that I'm not totally comfortable with.

ALL the cops are dirty. PERIOD. They are not there to help you so don't expect any. Stay in the resort area as much as you can. Do not let some guy you just met talk you into going with him to see some hot girls or get some good booze or find some good drugs. All you're going to find is trouble and if you're lucky you'll only get beat up and not killed. If what Paco is promising you sounds too good to be true. IT IS!!

Americans die down there every year and it's not from bad water. They prey on Americans looking for a good time and you find all your money taken and you're beaten to a pulp. You go tell your story to the police, but it's a good chance they were the ones who beat you up in the first place.

Drug wars are going on right now. The term "law" is a very loose one down there and while the big time drug dealers keep their "Murder for Hire" low profile, there are plenty of small groups trying to make a name for themselves.

You can have a lot of fun down there, but use your noodle. Stay out of the barrios, stay in the resort area and let them take care of you. You'll have a great time and get  to go home in one piece.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 06:30:08 PM by bohicajuan »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 07:29:15 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 O0 Good advice, bo!

My excursions into Mexico required constant keeping my head on and staying sober enough to keep my wits about me, especially when I worked on the border and often ventured across the border. It was dangerous then, but not nearly as dangerous as it is now.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 10:09:35 AM »
if i were you i'd find a fishing trip through the cruise line, they are good at finding good people to do the cruises, but you'll pay more for it.
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Facebook Comments