December 14, 2017, 09:55:38 AM

Author Topic: Virginia: Hunting for end to another blue law  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Virginia: Hunting for end to another blue law
« on: February 01, 2012, 02:28:31 PM »
Virginia: Hunting for end to another blue law

Posted on January 30, 2012

Sunday's status as a day of rest, in the secular sense, ended when the repeal of blue laws transformed the day into one more for business, work and pleasure. And when our hectic lives demanded one more day to get the week's work done.
But a relic of a bygone era remains enshrined in Virginia law. It's time for it to go.
The state's ban on Sunday hunting, even on private land, is an arbitrary and unnecessary restriction. A bill approved by the Senate last week would finally end it for those who hunt on land they own or have permission to be on.

Read the article: The Virginian Pilot (Norfolk, Va.)

Courtesy of the NRA-ILA

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Virginia: Hunting for end to another blue law
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 02:29:11 PM »
Be sure and read the comments at the bottom of the article.  ;)   I really like the first 2.  ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments