October 18, 2017, 06:17:57 PM

Author Topic: What's Your Favorite?  (Read 893 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
What's Your Favorite?
« on: November 22, 2003, 09:00:33 PM »
I got to thinking (I know  :shock:), what is your favorite gun/bow, and why?

Mine is kind of a toss-up between a Remington 870 Express Magnum 12 gauge shotgun and a Knight MK-85 .54 cal muzzleloader.

The shotgun has been with me through thick and thin and really took a beating, but still keeps going.  I've taken squirrels, rabbits, doves, ducks, geese, deer, turkeys, and the occassional vermin (coons, muskrats, skunks, cats, dogs, etc............don't ask!).  I've also lugged it up and down mountains grouse hunting (haven't gotten any yet), and cussing the weight of the thing the whole time.

The muzzleloader is SWEET!!!!!!!  It's blued with a black synthetic thumb-hole stock, and a black scope on it.  All but 2 deer that I've shot at have died in very short order (one I got a little cocky and just flat missed, the other, the bullet hit a limb and got deflected).  The gun has never failed to fire, and has held up to a lot of severe weather and conditions that I put it through.  When you throw it up to your shoulder, it just "feels" natural and is right on whatever you want it to be.

I realize that I need professional help :roll:    So what??? :?:

Here's another question, what is your next gun/bow going to be?  

I just got a Marlin .17 cal with a silver, bull barrel and a laminated wood stock.  It's really pretty, and it shoots like a dream! :D   I've been thinking about it, and I think the next gun I get is going to be a .338 Mag.  Don't ask me why.  There's nothing around here that NEEDS a .338, I just want one.

So what about you all?  What's your favorite?  I like guns.  I know others out there like bows more than guns.  If so, what's your favorite bow?
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
What's Your Favorite?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2003, 05:16:39 PM »
I have two favorites, my 25.06 and my 300 mag.  The 300 is quite a bit heavier, so if I'm going to do much climbing I will take my 25.06.  Both have been very accurate and there's no such thing as running after the shot.  (knock on wood :) )  

I used to hunt with a nice little .243 so I was in awe when I shot my first one with the 25.06 and watched it crumple instead of running out of sight.  Then a couple of years later my jaw hit the ground when I saw what the 300 mag could do.   :shock:   I've also shot'em with a 270, 7mm,22-250 and 12 gauge shotgun, but I keep going back to the two big boys!   :twisted:

I wouldn't mind giving the 17's a shot.  They sound sweet and my dad loves his.  They've gotta be alot of fun!
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
What's Your Favorite?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2003, 10:29:53 PM »
My Savage .17 is by far my favorite rifle that I own. I really enjoy shooting my M16 at work, but Uncle Sam owns it. we have some A1's and A2's, and the A1's are by far more fun! Rock and Roll with the A1's, but the A2's, only 3 shot bursts on full auto. We were issued new sidearms a few weeks ago, new 9mm Berrettas , and they shoot really good. Each of us were given 1,000 rounds each, to familiarize and qualify with. 500 one day, 500 the next day. With the 3 15 rd. clips, you can fire all  45 rounds in less than 21 seconds and place them in the center mass of the siloette target.  This includes reloading twice!  Your taxpayer money at work! (Mine, too!) :lol:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline propredator

What's Your Favorite?
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 07:00:09 PM »
Right now my favorite is the lyman .54 gpr,used to have a Ruger 7mm mag i used on yotes,kinda wish i had kept it.would like to have a 300 win mag,but all i can hunt around here with it legally is yotes.Be kinda over kill and then some,just like the 7 mag was but what the heck,never know when i may win that power ball and be hunten Alaska someday :lol: Hey i can dream can't i.

Facebook Comments