November 22, 2017, 06:59:21 PM

Author Topic: Likely The Biggest Pure Kentucky 8-Pointer Ever Measured  (Read 623 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Likely The Biggest Pure Kentucky 8-Pointer Ever Measured
« on: February 20, 2012, 08:35:58 PM »
Back in December, I posted a picture of a big 8 that was taken during the late muzzleloading season here in KY.  Here's a link to the topic:  Big 8 pt

Looking on Field & Stream's web site tonight, I found that the deer is likely going to be the biggest 8 pt ever measured in KY.  :o   Below is a link to the write up about it on Field & Stream.

Likely The Biggest Pure Kentucky 8-Pointer Ever Measured

Eleven days after an Illinois hunter tagged the pending Boone & Crockett world record 8-pointer, 32-year-old Kevin Peak shot another great 8 that should take the title as the biggest Kentucky 4-by-4 ever officially measured and recorded in the Boone & Crockett record book.

Full Story:  Field & Stream

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Likely The Biggest Pure Kentucky 8-Pointer Ever Measured
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 10:43:54 AM »
Couple of keepers.  :wink: :roll: ;D

Nice deer!

I put a fella onto a buck at work that scored 248, a bow kill. I used to watch that buck several times per week close to the road in a picked cornfield. It was the best scoring buck in the nation that year.  :) 

A few years before that, I found a dead buck with its antlers still in velvet that would have scored much more than the 248 deer. Critters had chewed some of the rack on the dead deer because the rack still held blood when the deer died.

Kentucky is also growing some huge bucks!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments