November 24, 2017, 07:37:48 AM

Author Topic: Just So Ya' Don't Think Me and the Dog Are Totally Useless....  (Read 4665 times)

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: Just So Ya' Don't Think Me and the Dog Are Totally Useless....
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 06:12:12 PM »
What a hunting beasty ya got there!  :)

So, i don't know anything about squirrel hunting dogs, do they bey when they get a tree rat stuck in a tree?  or is it just squeaky yapping?  do they git after other things like racoons and skunks if they happen apon them.

Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 10:56:19 AM »
What a hunting beasty ya got there!  :)

So, i don't know anything about squirrel hunting dogs, do they bey when they get a tree rat stuck in a tree?  or is it just squeaky yapping?  do they git after other things like racoons and skunks if they happen apon them.

It's generally more of a squeaky yapping.  ;D   Different dogs are bred/trained to hunt differently.  There's some cur breeds that will hunt squirrels during the day and coons at night.  Generally, the dogs don't take out after trash.  If they do, they're soon taught that it's not a good thing to do.  ;)   Depending upon what's in the dog's genes to do and how they were trained, some dogs range out pretty far, while others hunt pretty close.  Before I got Mongo, I was checking out several different breeders in the state.  The guy I got Mongo from had everything I was wanting in a dog.  I wanted a black/white Feist, that hunted pretty close, checked back in pretty regularly with me, hunted with sight, sound, & smell, and could track the squirrels if they timbered out (went from tree to tree).  His dogs did everything I was wanting.  Granted, some comes from training, but a lot of it is bred into them.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 11:00:58 AM »
  O0 That's a good description of that breed, BC. I think you have a winner with Mongo!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 11:02:57 PM »
Good hell no wonder that dog was pooped out after that. What's his diet twinkies and hohos  ;D any bigger and I would think JA owned it  ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 11:19:50 PM »
Good hell no wonder that dog was pooped out after that. What's his diet twinkies and hohos  ;D any bigger and I would think JA owned it  ;D

Dang talk about below the belt  ;D

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 09:37:04 AM »
  :knuppel2 :tickedoff ;D They are my WIFE'S dogs!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 10:19:16 AM »
  :knuppel2 :tickedoff ;D They are my WIFE'S dogs!
yeah right we hear that excuse all the time and yet yer the one that keeps bringin them home  ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 09:13:24 AM »
yeah right we hear that excuse all the time and yet yer the one that keeps bringin them home  ;D
  :knuppel2 ;D Wrong! Kim and Heather go to puppy shows and show up at home with ANOTHER PUP!  :shock:

Juandogg knows all about that. He has a house and yard full of poodles.  ;D They call him Poodledogg at work.  :twisted:

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 10:26:51 AM »
Wrong Onestone the smallest dog at my house is Sue the Aussie Border Collie cross who I am trainin for ya so that ya can finally have a real sized dog.  I'm trainin him to steal food off the table and bark for no reason late at nite and he is doin wonderful in his trainin  ;D

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 07:54:22 AM »
Wrong Onestone the smallest dog at my house is Sue the Aussie Border Collie cross who I am trainin for ya so that ya can finally have a real sized dog.  I'm trainin him to steal food off the table and bark for no reason late at nite and he is doin wonderful in his trainin  ;D
  ;D ;D ;D ;D A dog that smart ought to go for a lot of dough.  :wink: It would be right at home in town. You got a whole litter of those?

Facebook Comments