December 16, 2017, 02:18:05 AM

Author Topic: Disarming the Myths Promoted By the Gun Control Lobby  (Read 474 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Disarming the Myths Promoted By the Gun Control Lobby
« on: February 27, 2012, 10:08:10 AM »
Disarming the Myths Promoted By the Gun Control Lobby

Posted on February 22, 2012

As much as gun control advocates might wish otherwise, their attacks are running out of ammo. With private firearm ownership at an all-time high and violent crime rates plunging, none of the scary scenarios they advanced have materialized. Abuse of responsibility by armed citizens is rare, while successful defensive interventions against assaults on their lives and property are relatively commonplace.

Read the article: Forbes

Courtesy of the NRA-ILA
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Disarming the Myths Promoted By the Gun Control Lobby
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 10:10:30 AM »
This is a pretty good read, with some good statistics in it.  Near the bottom of the second page though, there's this paragraph:

On the other hand, Newsweek has reported that law-abiding American citizens using guns in self-defense during 2003 shot and killed two and one-half times as many criminals as police did, and with fewer than one-fifth as many incidents as police where an innocent person mistakenly identified as a criminal (2% versus 11%).

Interesting.............  ^-^
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Disarming the Myths Promoted By the Gun Control Lobby
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 06:39:07 PM »
Don't worry. Something as inconsequential as the truth won't keep them from trying to pass more gun control
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments