October 23, 2017, 09:31:43 AM

Author Topic: Emily Miller: Transporting a gun through D.C.  (Read 345 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Emily Miller: Transporting a gun through D.C.
« on: February 29, 2012, 01:06:55 PM »
Emily Miller: Transporting a gun through D.C.

Posted on February 22, 2012
I had my new, legally-registered Sig Sauer at home for ten days before I figured out how to take it to a nearby state to shoot it.
Although Id spent four hours in a classroom memorizing the gun laws in Washington, D.C. and then passed a written test at the police station, I was still confused about the logistics of legally transporting a gun somewhere to practice.

Read the Artical: The Washington Times

Courtesy of the NRA-ILA
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

BBF

Re: Emily Miller: Transporting a gun through D.C.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 01:30:40 PM »
Other then the silliness with fuel and going to the potty this is alomost to the letter what we have to comply with up here if transporting a handgun.
One addition is that you have to be a member of a Gun Club that has/is approved for handgun shooters. Not all are, the one I belong to isn't. Forget about walking around with a holstered gun at the Range either.
The gun comes out of the lockabe container when on you shooting station and fgoes back into the container when you leave the station.

I can't put up with this Bull Crap soI don't bother with a hand gun and at well over 5 bucks a US gal for gas I'm not driving any further then I have to.  >:(

Facebook Comments