December 12, 2017, 12:58:47 PM

Author Topic: 2012 Turkey Contest Anyone?  (Read 2873 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
2012 Turkey Contest Anyone?
« on: February 29, 2012, 10:06:42 PM »
So who is interested in joining a turkey contest for the spring?  Got some thoughts on doing one this year, but with a little bit of a twist to make it fair for everyone who decides to enter.  ;)   Nothing major, but just to make sure that everyone has a fair shot of winning. ;)

So what ya' say?  Anyone interested?  If we have at least 3-4 people wanting to enter, we'll do it.  Sorry John, but tire tracks and/or grill marks don't count.  ::)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: 2012 Turkey Contest Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 07:21:56 PM »
By all means yes! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 12:07:06 PM »
You know I'm in!!! Should have some new places to go this year that will hopefully produce.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 08:28:25 AM »
OK, that's 3.  Who else?  I'm going to give it unitl this weekend and then either start it or call it.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 09:46:36 AM »
Do tire tracks on the bird disqualify the entry?  :wink: :roll:  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 12:04:15 PM »
Do tire tracks on the bird disqualify the entry?  ;) ::) ;D

Reread the original post......  ::)

So who is interested in joining a turkey contest for the spring? Got some thoughts on doing one this year, but with a little bit of a twist to make it fair for everyone who decides to enter.  ;)  Nothing major, but just to make sure that everyone has a fair shot of winning. ;)

So what ya' say? Anyone interested? If we have at least 3-4 people wanting to enter, we'll do it. Sorry John, but tire tracks and/or grill marks don't count.  ::)

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 05:49:34 PM »
OOOOOPS! Missed that little part!  :roll: ;D

There could be a lot of big bird entries this year, given the light winter we had.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 08:27:44 AM »
OK, looks like just 3 of us.  Bo, Ned, and myself.

Walked out this morning to leave and could hear a thunder chicken just'a hammerin'!  :D   Between the back door and the truck I bet he gobbled at least 6-7 times.  :)

I'll get the rules done up by tomorrow.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 08:29:51 AM »
OK, looks like just 3 of us.  Bo, Ned, and myself.

Walked out this morning to leave and could hear a thunder chicken just'a hammerin'!  :D   Between the back door and the truck I bet he gobbled at least 6-7 times.  :)

I'll get the rules done up by tomorrow.
  O0 Doesn't sound like you will have to go far to hunt, BC!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 09:58:27 AM »
  O0 Doesn't sound like you will have to go far to hunt, BC!

Nah, I can't hunt back there.  :'(

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments