November 23, 2017, 04:16:25 AM

Author Topic: How about some shooting prairie dogs and gophers?  (Read 1390 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
How about some shooting prairie dogs and gophers?
« on: March 05, 2012, 02:18:45 PM »
Looks like it will be a tremendous year for Prairie dogs and Gophers this year, with the open winter and all. The grass was way more then prolific last year and they went in to Winter in grand shape. I'll bet they have huge litters again this year. The Prairie dog don't hibernate like gophers but the females are still down working on producing next years critters. The gophers that are up now are Last years yearling males looking to establish a territory for them selves before the BIG male bosses get out of bed. There numbers look VERY good . My boy and his wife walked in to one of our Hidden dog towns and really light'm up. The where packing 150 shells each and had to leave at 11:00 am they ran out of shells, minus One, they like to keep one in the event they see a coyote on the trip back out, and you know they DID,one 25/06 in the daughter-in-laws gun = one more coyote for the fur box.Man there looking ratty now I'm thinking thats the last one for the box,still shoot'm but I can put the "Coyote Drag Bag " away for the year, SSS!!

I wasn't there so I don't know how well they shot but the boy said id did put a dent in to the population. is one of our more remote colony and a smaller one ,it's under two square miles. So he said we need to carry more ammo
:uglystupid2
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: How about some shooting prairie dogs and gophers?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 03:26:54 PM »
thats pretty awesome!  we use to have some great prarie dog colonies here in Utah, but they are all gone, i still know a few spots though.  ever go back to a killing field for yotes the next day?  i've had a fair amount of succes with skunks and yotes after a good day of killing prarie dogs!
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: How about some shooting prairie dogs and gophers?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 08:05:19 AM »
Sounds good, PDs and 'yotes!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments