December 17, 2017, 06:34:05 PM

Author Topic: Finished the NC season with a bang!  (Read 1662 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Finished the NC season with a bang!
« on: March 07, 2012, 12:12:43 PM »
Posting this a little late....sorry. Managed a short hunt at a small place I got permission for this year. It looks promising when it gets a chance to grow up even more. I decided that if the rabbit ran like doe rabbits do this time of year I was gonna call the dogs off and find a buck rabbit. Had 5 jumps and only 2 of them ran like bucks and covered some ground the other 3 kept making tight little circles and the dogs struggled with scenting. It's funny how mother nature takes care of her own....doe rabbits lose scent this time of year before nesting. Pretty cool actually. Anyway I was able to kill both the rabbits that wanted to run and the dogs could actually smell. Both buck rabbits too! O0 Even killed them both with the new pistol!!!! :twisted:

Now for running the pups and getting ready for turkey season.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Finished the NC season with a bang!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 12:42:38 PM »
Congrats Ned!  O0   That's pretty cool too that you got them with the pistol.  ;)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 02:52:32 PM »
Thats cool Ned, i love the tailgate pic.  Next time ya gotta let the dogs get some glory too!
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 08:52:57 PM »
I try Dune, but they won't hardly pose good enough for the pic. They're usually fighting over who wants to eat the rabbits!! :twisted: ;D

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 09:05:18 AM »
I try Dune, but they won't hardly pose good enough for the pic. They're usually fighting over who wants to eat the rabbits!! :twisted: ;D

Ned
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  O0 Nice going, Ned! And with a pistol!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments