November 24, 2017, 11:45:15 AM

Author Topic: fishing the river again  (Read 1324 times)

Online D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
fishing the river again
« on: April 21, 2012, 10:39:27 AM »
There are times of the year that My favorite spot HAS No FISH. There are no trout and all the warm water fish migrate down toward Fort Peck. Except for a few Local walleye that don't eat and a few carp the river is empty. BUT In the spring they start returning. Spring in Montana comes in chunks and spurts. 1000's of walleye,and bass start to arrive. Then Goldeye,cat fish,and sturgeon. Pick,sager paddle fish and all the ruff fish.I ran out to Loma today. I fished the Loma bridge on the Mariss on the North side. John from Fort Benton buzzed out too. The water looks GOOD, we started on the Down side of the bridge. My little fishing buddy got the first fish a 3 pound red tail sucker.She fought it in all the way till she could see it then she was "Done" and haded it off to me. We fished there form nine till noon and that was the only fish we got in, had a LOT of short hits and bait stealer's. John on the other hand went on the UP side of the bridge in the rocks and got 17 small mouth bass,one was 18" most where over 14" He kept his limit... I'm thinking if a person is serious he could get a lot of fish,some would be walleye. Anyway a good way to spend 3 hours.

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: fishing the river again
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 08:03:41 AM »
  O0 Looks like a great time anyhow, D! Your little fishing buddy is sure a cutie!

Those redtailed suckers are good eating and make the best cutbait.

It looks like your pal John did pretty good. Smallies are fighters!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 04:13:07 PM »
thats the way to get it done!  i really need to get out fishing this weekend.
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 04:35:06 PM »
You can bring the fish in by the boatload if you would start cranking them  O0

And remember not to skimp on your magneto O0 O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 10:20:06 AM »
You can bring the fish in by the boatload if you would start cranking them  O0

And remember not to skimp on your magneto O0 O0
  O0 :roll: ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments