November 24, 2017, 10:00:33 AM

Author Topic: On the board!!!  (Read 1322 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
On the board!!!
« on: April 24, 2012, 01:21:13 PM »
After battling a stomach virus all day Monday I was finally able to get my 2012 turkey season started off on Tuesday 4/17/12. I worked a bird off the roost that morning and had him within 40 yards but it is so green in eastern NC I couldn't get a clear shot. A hen came in and took him away from me. I got back in the woods about 3pm and struck this bird at about 3:15pm. Called him in the first time in a small field but he didn't like my dekes. I made a big circle and got in the woods with him and called him back in at 4:20pm. 18-19 lbs. 3/4" spurs and a 10.5" beard.

Heard another bird start gobbling on my walk out and hunted him the rest of my week off and had him close but could never close the deal. Had a great vacation andnow have to fill my last tag with one of these mountain birds.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: On the board!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 09:26:11 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 Nice bird, Ned! You sure earned that one, too!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 04:10:44 PM »
real nice bird!
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 04:50:43 PM »
Way to go! Way to go! Way to go! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments