November 20, 2017, 04:08:11 PM

Author Topic: Novice Bow Hunter  (Read 2926 times)

Offline desertking

Novice Bow Hunter
« on: October 24, 2011, 08:16:27 AM »
Just got into Bow hunting this year.  Got back from Amistad yesterday, didn't see anything during shooting hours except 2 small aoudad and a javelina.  Am going to Alpine in November. :)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Novice Bow Hunter
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 10:05:51 AM »
Good luck, dk!

I checked about 80-100  hunters yesterday. By the time they all checked out after hunting hours, only one deer was killed. It was a nice field dressed 13 point 195 pound buck. It was an early muzzle loader (last day) season kill.

Most of the hunters didn't see a deer nor even a squirrel. Our weather was in the 70's.

One hunter and his two daughters were on their way to the check station and stopped on the road to let a bobcat and her 3 kittens cross the road. They were pretty excited about the sighting.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline dougdad

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 08:12:06 PM »
welcome to the site, and the wonderful sport of archery hunting DK, its addicting you know!  best of luck to you!
Bullets, Bumpers or Broadheads, Whatever works!!
USAF RETIRED,  Marion MI.

Offline BowNinja

• Happiness is a warm gut pile...
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 05:01:17 PM »
what kind of equipment are u using to hunt with?
Thank God I don't hunt people, there would be none of you left!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 08:56:12 AM »
what kind of equipment are u using to hunt with?
To be perfectly honest, I use the front bumper of my patrol vehicle and my issued M9 sidearm.

I should explain, I no longer am able to deer hunt because of a couple of old injuries and wounds, but have been known to hit a few while at work, purely ACCIDENTALLY. And the paperwork is terrible.  :tickedoff
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 10:47:29 PM »
Wait... there are still people who have not thrown there sticks and strings in the trash and bought the allmighty GOD HMR?

Say it ain't so John!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 09:31:09 AM »
Wait... there are still people who have not thrown there sticks and strings in the trash and bought the allmighty GOD HMR?

Say it ain't so John!
OK! It ain't so!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 03:35:14 PM »
REAL MEN SHOOT RECURVES!!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 08:00:06 PM »
I bought some drywall screws at the hardware store here in town today. They had an awesome price on them! I bought a 1/2 pound O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 09:22:59 AM »
I bought some drywall screws at the hardware store here in town today. They had an awesome price on them! I bought a 1/2 pound O0
Sounds as exciting as sanding drywall.  :roll: ;D

I clipped a turkey yesterday evening when it flew into my patrol vehicle. It peeled some butt feathers with the top of my windshield and the top of my vehicle.  The bird was OK, landed on the road behind me and ran back into the ditch. No damage to vehicle.

That roadside ditch hasn't been mowed all summer, is full of tall weeds and deer that like to pop out onto the road. It must be a dare game with the deer and turkeys. I managed to miss numerous death wish deer last night.

Facebook Comments