November 20, 2017, 12:32:54 PM

Author Topic: Bought a New Rifle  (Read 3632 times)

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
Bought a New Rifle
« on: May 21, 2012, 10:18:53 AM »
For at least 20 years now, I have been looking for a certain rifle and over the years I have almost decided the only way I was going to get it was to custom order it. This weekend my son and I went to a new gun shop about 30 mins for here and after being there for an hour or so, I asked the guy if he had any Left handed Bolt action rifles. He said that there is only one in the whole store and he showed me where it was. As soon as I picked it up and saw the name on it, I knew I had to take it home! After some talking to him and a couple calls home to the wifey to get it cleared, I walked out with my dream!

Ruger M77 Mark II Left Handed Bolt in a 7 Mag.

Now, to find a real nice scope to top it off with and I'll be good to go!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Bought a New Rifle
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 09:23:44 AM »
 O0 Nice rifle! Plenty of kick, too.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 05:53:23 PM »
A 7mm Mag in South Georgia?

Hell son you shoot across 4 counties with that!

Ruger 77 is a good rifle. I'm surprised we don't see more in Georgia.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

BBF

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 01:50:35 PM »
They are kind of pricey for the average GA income. :twisted:

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 03:17:04 PM »
They are kind of pricey for the average GA income. :twisted:

Geez son! You got it wrong. I've seen guys who live in single wide trailers and who only work 8 months out of the year, but they spend every single penny on high end weapons. The have Benellis, LC Smiths and Colt-Sauers and Pre-64 Winchesters and and pre-72 Weatherbys!!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

BBF

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 01:47:28 PM »
Priorities Bo, Priorities.

I have one rifle that costs me close to 1K mostly because it needed a lot of fixin. It still looks somewhat ugly but it is a real shooter.
The rest are less then half that price the least of them a Remington Nylon 66 that I bought new in 1961 or so.

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 01:36:36 PM »
This Rifle brand new off of the Ruger website is priced at $ 860.00 plus shipping and all that. By the time I could order it and have it in my hands it would run just about 1000.00. The one I bought was used, but by the looks of it, it has hardly been fired. The bolt still has the machine markings on the end. Most used rifles will have a wear patterns on the bolt so you can tell how much it had been shot. This rifle looks to me and to a dealer friend of mine, that it had maybe a couple boxes of shells run thru it. I picked it up for $450.00! Just couldn't pass that up. Even if I don't get a scope right now for it, I have the rifle and that is the 1st step in getting it set up the way I want. I would of prefered it to be in 270, but I will get use to the 7 Mag.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 10:12:17 PM »
Priorities Bo, Priorities.

I have one rifle that costs me close to 1K mostly because it needed a lot of fixin. It still looks somewhat ugly but it is a real shooter.
The rest are less then half that price the least of them a Remington Nylon 66 that I bought new in 1961 or so.

Of course as we all know.....Firearms cost upwards of 500% more after I've handled them. It's a curse I tell you!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 09:22:34 AM »
Of course as we all know.....Firearms cost upwards of 500% more after I've handled them. It's a curse I tell you!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
  O0 ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 11:10:08 AM »

Bo, If I could get you to come shoot this new rifle, Either you or Chuck, Then it would be worth a whole lot more. I would need a letter stating that you are the great Bohicajuan. Either that or a Pic of you and Chuck shooting it signed by both of you. Then we would be talking big bucks!

Facebook Comments