November 24, 2017, 10:51:32 PM

Author Topic: Bought a New Rifle  (Read 3639 times)

BBF

Re: Bought a New Rifle
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 09:01:36 AM »
Come to think of it, perhaps J-Bucks needs to hand in his Man-Card for a season having felt the need to check in with his Missus BEFORE buying that rifle! :roll:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2012, 09:04:13 PM »
Come to think of it, perhaps J-Bucks needs to hand in his Man-Card for a season having felt the need to check in with his Missus BEFORE buying that rifle! ::)

That's kind of what I was just thinking.  Only $450 and you had to clear it with the old lady?  :?   That's just plain sad.  ::)

You got a bruise on your shoulder from it?  ;D   OMG man!  You're softer than I thought!  Maybe you should have gotten a .223 or .243.  ::)

As far as the scope, I just got the boy one of the new Redfield Revolution scopes for his .243.  Considering that they're made by Leupold now, they should be some pretty good glass.  Been trying to mount it on his rifle, but I've been having some "difficulties" (don't ask).  ::)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 11:44:06 AM »

That's kind of what I was just thinking.  Only $450 and you had to clear it with the old lady?  :?   That's just plain sad.  ::)

You got a bruise on your shoulder from it?  ;D   OMG man!  You're softer than I thought!  Maybe you should have gotten a .223 or .243.  ::)

Well BC, As bad as Obama has killed the economy right now, we are watching every penny. I didn't ask permission, I asked if we could pay for it. I didn't want to buy it then have to worry about making the car payment or the house payment. As for the bruised shoulder, I shot the 7 Mag then shot 2 270's and a 243. When I came back to the 7 mag, just didnt have it tight after shooting the 243. With that rifle, all it takes is one slip and it will bruise you. Bet that dont happen again!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 11:45:56 AM by J-BUCKS »

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 02:06:24 PM »
I'm just hassling you J-Bucks!  ;)   I know all too well what you're talking about on the money situation.  ::)   I guess I'm lucky though, the pawn shop I've been getting my guns from has layaway (both a good and bad thing).  He lets me put down whatever to hold a gun and then I pay on it a little at a time as I get it.  I can't count the number of guns I've gotten from him like that.  I finally had to just start staying away from his shop just to keep from getting something else.  :idiot2

Yeah, you usually only make the mistake of not pulling a particular gun in tight only about once.  ;)   ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

BBF

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 04:56:50 PM »
It went the other way around for me today. A"feller" called up after seeing my ad to sell a Handi Rifle for two weeks hoping I still got it 'til he gets the "scratch" While talking to him I mentioned I had a crossbow sitting around practically unused and he bought that as well. I need to lighten the load in case I actually get to move outa here.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2012, 09:05:33 AM »
It went the other way around for me today. A"feller" called up after seeing my ad to sell a Handi Rifle for two weeks hoping I still got it 'til he gets the "scratch" While talking to him I mentioned I had a crossbow sitting around practically unused and he bought that as well. I need to lighten the load in case I actually get to move outa here.
Move south?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments