December 13, 2017, 08:11:45 AM

Author Topic: Some light Duplex loads perfect for bunny blasting  (Read 1751 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Some light Duplex loads perfect for bunny blasting
« on: June 11, 2012, 03:54:31 PM »
loaded some dove/partridge and rabbit loads this week . I shot a few on paper and liked what I saw. I didn't count the hits but the density was great and looked like most of the pellets hit inside the 30" target at 40 yards with my 870 and modified choke.
There a 2 3/4 inch Rio hull with a VP13 wad with 24 gr Clays powder Rip-209 primer. One once of #5 and #7 1/2 lead big ones on top.Listed at 8800 psi and 1325 fps. My normal is a 1 3/8 oz with blue dot but looking for something a bit lighter. The recoil was light and feed great I think I'm happy ,now all I need are some pigeons to fly by so I can SEE how they work...
O0
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Some light Duplex loads perfect for bunny blasting
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 08:44:09 AM »
 O0 Sounds like a really good multi-use load, D. I prefer that kind of load, mixed shot. Sometimes you need a few heavy shot to break bones and punch through weeds and brush.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 11:26:26 PM »
We had a hummin bird at the feeder today... it ate some feed O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 09:51:03 AM »
We had a hummin bird at the feeder today... it ate some feed O0
It's gonna take a lot of hummingbirds to feed your family!  ;D Ya reckon duplex loads will knock them down?  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments