September 21, 2018, 05:05:01 PM


Author Topic: The Mega Amp Call from Cass Creek/ and Report  (Read 324 times)

Online D45/70

  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • ******
  • Posts: 1287
The Mega Amp Call from Cass Creek/ and Report
« on: July 11, 2012, 09:30:05 AM »

The Mega Amp coyote call from Cass Creek,any one use it?
I just ordered one from over stalk.com at under $35 / no freight. If there is ANY thing of value here it would be worth the price. I have a Mini Predator call but in any kind of wind your shut down. My Boy has a Fox pro 5 that is the ONLY caller in my mind, but he has it with HIM . I do 90% of my calling with him but the other 10% I felt I needed one a bit louder. It's coming today and I will try it tomorrow evening . Just wondering what any of you thought.
http://www.casscreek.com/store/p/359-Mega-Amp-Coyote-Call.aspx[/quote]




Well a report;

IT WAS HOT!

 So was the temperature...

 I went out by Carter and tried out my new Little call. The wind was fairly light most the time it was around 7 mph but a few times it was more like 10 and around 97*,no bugs. The first set;I was set up an a high spot covered in tall grass looking on to some small brakes and tall spring wheat, more wheat then grass. The wind was moving around a lot but mostly a side wind. I had my new home made decoy blowing in the wind to my left, an further review it should have been Up wind on my right. I called for 40 minuets with "Nutten" I tried all 10 calls the last one a Female howl, I got a response,two dogs WAY out up wind. I kept calling they kept calling back and getting closer. When I saw them They were working closer in the long wheat, they would jump up to see as they came. I was high enough to see them  a little better. I could see they where looking at the decoy not at me. As they cane closer it was evident they where going to work past me for a down wind approach and my sent would hit them way before they would turn and come in. At this point I'm doing just a rabbit call off and on and there right at 300 yards. When they hit my sent cone the froze and looked right at me. I had to try NOW,I did. The closest of the two looked like it was only 250 the 22/250 is "O" at 200 so I put it dead center on it's shoulder and shot. It was like on TV A big tuft of fur in the air and feet in the air. I swung to the farther one and it was moving now, I tried 3 shots and only spurred it to run faster. Bummer. I gathered up my crap, tried to find the brass,only found 2, and headed to where I thought I say the coyote fall. I looked in the but high wheat for a half hour, no blood,no fur,no coyote. Dang it. I know I killed it dead I just was not finding it, I left. A few more sets and more Nutten. The last stand found me at our dent bridge spot. I walked in from the south side of the state land it put the wind in my face better. I called for a few with nothing, I tried a Crow in distress. Low and behold I saw movement to my left Right where I had walked in. Of all things a BADGER coming right to my decoy. He was about 5 feet from it when I shot him. At 50 yards the 22/250 really kills a badger... It's a first for me. I don't know if it was coming to my crow or if it just was happening by, I'm going to call it Skill!!!!


DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline BigStrutter

  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • ******
  • Posts: 1295
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Re: The Mega Amp Call from Cass Creek/ and Report
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 09:54:21 AM »
That thing is mean and ugly.....just like Bo's women!!!

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline John Andrews

  • Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • *****
  • Posts: 17832
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: The Mega Amp Call from Cass Creek/ and Report
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 10:01:09 AM »
 :shock: Nice going, D! Mean critter!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

 


Facebook Comments