November 23, 2017, 05:25:39 PM

Author Topic: Hi Point Firearms  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Carl77

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
Hi Point Firearms
« on: July 13, 2012, 01:52:12 AM »
Well, After owning my Hi Point C9 for about a year now I finally broke it down to clean( Hi Point recommends running 1000 rounds before dis assembling). I paid $160.00 it, the gun has not jammed once, which considering the ammo(Blazer's with aluminum casings @ $11.50/50 rds) I can't complain. Its been a fun and dependable handgun to shoot. Does anyone else own and Hi Point Firearms? Whats your opinion...This is for the guys who can't afford the high dollar Glocks and S&W's
Fred Bear Lights Out
70/30
31" Quick Strike Arrows
Carbon Express 100 gr. 3 Blades
Trophy Ridge Acc.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Hi Point Firearms
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 08:23:09 AM »
I know a couple of fellas that have them and really like them.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 10:16:47 AM »
I had a .40 and my wife owns a .380

The 40 mag went to poop and cause FTF. After a new mag problem solved.

Offline Carl77

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 08:20:20 PM »
Techno, how's your wife like the. 380?
Fred Bear Lights Out
70/30
31" Quick Strike Arrows
Trophy Ridge Acc.

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 10:49:10 AM »
I was given a Hi-point .380 last year from the Wifey on our anniversary. I have run about 500 rounds thru it. Good little pistol for the money. To me, it is a little bulky to carry concealed, and it has only jammed when I tried to shoot some of the cheap Russian ammo that Wal-Mart sells. I only buy Winchester for it now. My biggest problem that I see with mine is trying to break it down to clean the inside. I took it to the shop where she bought it and the guy there told me that they are made not to be broke down like you would a Ruger or a Glock. I am trying to see if that is true. 

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 09:07:05 PM »
I don't have one but have shot one or two and spoken with their owners, and they pretty much all agree for the money it's not a bad investment.

The two criticisms I heard the most were, they are tough to break down and they can be real choosy as to what ammo works best in them.

Some contend they had jamming and stove pipe problems with certain ammo, but once they found the ammo that works best that problem was solved.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Carl77

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 09:35:12 PM »
The tear down of my C9 was fairly simple. I just searched Youtube for a C9 cleaning video. The hardest part is getting the roll pin out toward the back of the frame. It was relatively easy considering I have alot of experience breaking down guns. I was thinking about getting a .380 for my wife, but currently all Hi Point Handguns are on national back-order!! Figures...
Fred Bear Lights Out
70/30
31" Quick Strike Arrows
Trophy Ridge Acc.

Facebook Comments