November 21, 2017, 10:53:16 PM

Author Topic: Trip Out To Vancover Island  (Read 1238 times)

Offline walleyes

• Warning,, I don't call 911 !!
Trip Out To Vancover Island
« on: August 10, 2012, 11:21:04 PM »
Got back a bout a week ago from our anual Salmon fishing trip out to Vancover Island. Not sure if any of you have been out there but its one of Gods sweetest creations on earth for sure. Load up my own boat and gear and head out there for at least a week every summer.   A few pics.

The boy and a nice 35# hali, we git ucky on this one, just dropped the jigs and wham not 5 mins it was on.

A nice mornings catch.

A nice 22# Chinook or as you guys call them, Kings.

And a 29#er the biggest of the trip and the only one the boy let me pull in, hah I got him in the end lol.

BBF

Re: Trip Out To Vancover Island
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 08:52:29 AM »
I lived on Vancouver Island 'til 2001 and wish I would never have left. The "Right" coast hasn't got anything compared to the "Left" coast. I did most of my Fishing between Victoria and Sooke.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 08:52:40 AM »
 :shock: O0 Wow! You did great, walleyes!

I've never been to Vancover Island, but have fished in the bay by Seattle. I caught a lot of small steelies.

Rogue River in Oregon that month didn't produce any salmon for me that year, either. I saw only one fish taken one day. Fishermen were shoulder to shoulder on the Rogue. It was a very bad salmon run year.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline walleyes

• Warning,, I don't call 911 !!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 09:15:40 PM »
BBF,
I fished Sooke for close 9 years straight every summer. This was my first year in about 9 years that I tryed someplace differant. I tell you it will be hard to ever go back to Sooke. Oh its not bad there but you need lots of time to get your fish. Its unbeleivable out on the west side, rough but man some good fishing, it really doesnt even compare.

Facebook Comments