November 20, 2017, 06:09:55 PM

Author Topic: 1917 Springfield Questions  (Read 817 times)

Offline Carl77

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
1917 Springfield Questions
« on: August 31, 2012, 12:09:51 AM »
Hey all! About 5 years ago I bought a 1917 Springfield .30-06. Got it from a local pawn shop for $400. Real good condition. It's been sporterized. I was wanting to know if anyone might have an idea of where I could get a bipod for it? Anyone with insight your opinion would be appreciated! If you dont have any insight, well I guess its a free country and I can appreciate that too!!
Fred Bear Lights Out
70/30
31" Quick Strike Arrows
Carbon Express 100 gr. 3 Blades
Trophy Ridge Acc.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: 1917 Springfield Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 09:24:40 AM »
I used to hunt deer with one of those rifles. They are great rifles and really accurate. My suggestion is search on the net or go to your local soprting goods store. Pods are usually stocked in the stores.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Carl77

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 02:12:43 PM »
I did research a little on the net and saw a few. They say they mount on practically any gun that has a sling swivel stud. The main reason I want a bipod for it is my buddy just bought a Savage 22-250 and its got a bipod. I shot it the other day and man that bipod helps so much! I have to have one. Is Harris a good brand? Thats the main one I saw.
Fred Bear Lights Out
70/30
31" Quick Strike Arrows
Carbon Express 100 gr. 3 Blades
Trophy Ridge Acc.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 09:44:31 AM »
Yes, a lot of people like the Harris.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments