November 24, 2017, 01:35:34 PM

Author Topic: Fred Bear  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Carl77

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
Fred Bear
« on: September 05, 2012, 06:08:34 PM »
Does anyone else here shoot a Bear bow? If so, what model??
Fred Bear Lights Out
70/30
31" Quick Strike Arrows
Carbon Express 100 gr. 3 Blades
Trophy Ridge Acc.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Fred Bear
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 07:25:11 AM »
I don't bowhunt any longer, but probably still have an old Bear Whitetail around here, somewhere. I like the old Bear bows.

I met Fred back in '64 at a Chicago NSGA convention.  We were both guest/buyers and spent a week visiting with each other.

Fred was a very fine fella! It was amazing what he did with a recurve bow.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Carl77

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 02:29:36 AM »
You might, and I mean MIGHT be one of the coolest guys I've ever talked to. Thats awesome
Fred Bear Lights Out
70/30
31" Quick Strike Arrows
Carbon Express 100 gr. 3 Blades
Trophy Ridge Acc.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 07:21:37 AM »
You might, and I mean MIGHT be one of the coolest guys I've ever talked to. Thats awesome
Naw, not me, but Fred was sure cool!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 04:45:03 PM »
Hell Who you think taught the Indians to use a weapon? Mrs John fixed the first Thanksgiving turkey too!  :roll: :roll: :shock: :twisted:
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 05:35:55 PM »
I own a Bear Kodiak Magnum and used it for several years before saving up and getting a Black Widow. I love my Kodiak Magnum though and take it with me as a back up when I go hunting. Its a super bow and perfect for tree stands because of its compact design. Mine draws about 52lbs give or take.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 05:38:42 PM »
And for the record, JOHN is one of the coolest people I've ever talked to! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 08:56:05 AM »
Geezze, now I have a big head!  ;D

Fred had a polar bear displayed at the convention, the first one he killed with a bow without gun backup. It was huge! I asked him what advice he could offer for hunting dangerous game. He smiled and said to me, "Make the first shot count"!  ;D

Offline HillbillyBeast

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 10:12:56 PM »
I do have a Bear compound bow and I love it. I have a 2006 Instinct model. 28.5" draw, 60lbs, whisker biscuit & Toxonics Solid Lock Series sight. It's a good, accurate bow.
I'm actually looking for another bow currently. My brother in law is 12 and is getting into the outdoors. For Christmas I'm having the archery shop take my Instinct down to a draw length/weight that he can handle so he and I can shoot together. My wife promised me a new bow and I'm considering all of the Bear models. I really like Legion, Domain, Method & Anarchy. Of all of them, I think I'm leaning towards the Method. I love Bear and though the local archery shop is sponsored by one of the bigger companies, and constantly push for me to buy "their" brand, Bear has been nothing but reliable for me and I foresee myself being a customer for life.

Facebook Comments