December 14, 2017, 02:06:47 PM

Author Topic: Antlerless  (Read 3499 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Antlerless
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 06:25:17 AM »
Yep, if you tie 'em up and pack in tight. :twisted:
I AIN'T going to any gay bars!  :knuppel2  ;D

We leave those places to the Obama supporters.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 04:41:38 PM »
I AIN'T going to any gay bars!  :knuppel2  ;D

We leave those places to the Obama supporters.
O0 :twisted: :roll: :shock:
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 07:37:16 PM »
Btw....BC zapped a nice 8 point with his crossbow this weekend. We have to wait for him to come back so he can post the photo. I don't know how!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline BowNinja

• Happiness is a warm gut pile...
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 01:15:03 AM »
I got the rest of my gear today and I"m going out for my first hunt of the year this Wednesday  :D Hunting on a WMA in Madison County KY. I have my bow tuned real nice and I'm packing up my alice-pack as I sit and write this. What kills me is they only allow you to hunt one day a week, so I'm currently looking for a place with better access. It is bow only, which I like, but if anyone knows of a good spot here in KY please let me know. Looking to fill the freezer and tan some hides this season!    O0
Thank God I don't hunt people, there would be none of you left!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 05:27:04 AM »
 O0 CONGRATULATIONS TO BC! And good luck, Bow!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 05:32:24 PM »
Good luck BBF!  Hope you can get some meat for the freezer!

I dont know bout them gay bars in Kentucky! Guess if BC is with us we be safe huh!!! O0 ::) :o

It's kind of like outrunning a bear Nutz.  I don't have to outrun the gays.  I just have to outrun you with your bad knees.  O0   You should have the squealing down pat by now.  ::)

BowNinja, you hunting Central KY WMA?  It's not much of a place to try to hunt.  Take a right at the T in the road past the clubhouse and go down that way and hunt on the right hand side.  There used to be some decent sign in there and I saw a few deer there when I hunted it a few times.  Best bet is to drive over toward Irvine and hunt Daniel Boone National Forest.  The KDFWR also just purchased a bunch of prime deer hunting land a little North of Lexington.  They may not have it open for hunting yet though.  Got to:  http://www.fw.ky.gov/ and look around in the hunting section for public land.  You might be able to find something a little closer or better than Central.

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline BowNinja

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 09:56:56 PM »
Right on BC thanks for the advice. When you say take a right at the T; are you talking about going past the archery range and parking on the right where the pull off spots are? It's the Miller Welch WMA between Richmond and Berea. I only live 30 minutes from Lexington so it would be nice to see some hunting land open up there, but I do not see anything listed in Fayette county on the website you listed, yet anyway. I don't have any experience hunting Daniel Boone National Forest. Any tips on good places to hunt there? Appreciate the help!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 11:21:23 AM »
Right on BC thanks for the advice. When you say take a right at the T; are you talking about going past the archery range and parking on the right where the pull off spots are? It's the Miller Welch WMA between Richmond and Berea. I only live 30 minutes from Lexington so it would be nice to see some hunting land open up there, but I do not see anything listed in Fayette county on the website you listed, yet anyway. I don't have any experience hunting Daniel Boone National Forest. Any tips on good places to hunt there? Appreciate the help!

Yeah, it looks like they changed the name of it.  It used to be just Central KY WMA.  Now it's Miller-Welch Central KY WMA.  ::)   If you come in from the main road between Richmond & Berea, the facility manager's house will be on the right along with the barns.  Just past that is the clubhouse and the trap range.  The road used to go up and T, with you either having to go right or left.  Take a right and go down 300-400 yds or so on the right.  There should be a pull off area there.  The land is relatively flat for a hundred yards or so once you leave the road and then it drops down a pretty good hill.  Down at the bottom of the hill (best I can remember) there was some woods around there that I used to hunt.  It's been close to 20 years ago though, so I'm sure quite a bit has changed around there.

Here's a link to some public land info on the KDFWR site:

http://fw.ky.gov/pdf/deerguide1112publicland.pdf

http://fw.ky.gov/navigation.aspx?cid=747&navpath=C741

The first link has a map of the state with locations showing where the different WMA's are.  There's several in what is known as "The Golden Triangle" (area between Louisville, Lexington, and Cincinnati).  Most of that are is Zone 1 counties, so you'll be looking at pretty decent deer populations.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline BowNinja

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 02:15:14 AM »
As far as today went I was up next to Parish Tract lake. I found a nice area full of hardwood with a ton of acorns and walnuts on the ground. There was a cattle field to the west and some pines to the North. So I found a decent tree and climbed about 15 ft give or take and settled in. Sitting there I kept hearing what sounded like a person making their way through the brush, sticks breaking and such; then I saw the flash of white as a doe moved her tail. Using my 'Tagged Out' quick range finder I ranged her at 24-25 yards, a sweet shot if she presented a good angle. She was quartered towards me so I had no shot at this point. The wind was coming out of the SE so I was set and just waiting on her. All the sudden her head shot up along with her ears and she freakin bolted! Not wanting to chance gut shooting her at a sprint I let her be. I sat there a few more minutes, 3 max, and this older guy and this younger boy (who should have been in school) came around a big oak and were just stompin through the woods and talking like they were in a night club. They were making a lot of noise to say the least! They stopped around 5 yards from my stand and I heard the older guy say look here are some tracks. I quickly replied; 'there would have been a blood trail to join those tracks if you all didn't come stompin through the woods like a bunch of 5 year olds!'  That scared the sh*t out of both of 'em as they didn't see me in the stand. They older guy started to apologize and I cut him off letting him know he should be more considerate to his fellow hunters and his apology was not going to put that deer in my freezer. Shortly after they walked on North and I packed up. They way they were going they were going to push everything away from my location.  I was hoping to have some tenderloin and biscuits when I got home, but no such luck today!

Offline BowNinja

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 02:22:21 AM »
If you look at the attachment I provided It shows the area we have been talking about. There are 4 parking areas with the one in more to the West. When you were hunting this area were you going in past the creek you see there or were you in more between the road and the creek, which according to scale is approx. 1/4 mile from the road. Using the red 'x' as a reference point where do you think I should setup next week? Again I greatly appreciate your help!

Facebook Comments