December 10, 2017, 11:03:00 PM

Author Topic: Antlerless  (Read 3482 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Antlerless
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 09:47:45 AM »
We have a lot of those nitwits stomping through the woods without a clue. Some of them are hiking and don't give a care to hunters.

I had a gal squat under my tree when I was bow hunting bear in MN. She hiked her dress and hiked down her panties, and squated right under my tree to do her business when I gave a loud " AHEM"!  :shock: ;D

She bolted upright while pulling up her panties and ran to another gal a hunderd yards away. They were berry picking with their pack of kids. The gal that needed to relieve herself picked the wrong spot.

She was still scared and excitedly pointing and jabbering away, pointing towards my direction. They were looking into the thick brush and never looked up into the trees. Camo paid off that day.  ;D

The next day the same people showed up not far from me at the same spot, berry picking when two bears showed up right under my tree, a perfect setup. One of the bears, a big old cinnamon boar, made a false charge at them. My bow was on the hanger and I snap drew my pistol, aiming at the base of the bear's skull. I was yelling as all this was happening and squeezing the trigger. The bear hauled up short and the the gal I chased off the day before turned around and saw the bears.

The bear hauled up short and I let off the trigger, keeping the sights locked onto my target.

The gals and kids screamed and took off running to their parked stationwagon while the big old boar stood there. This all took place within a few seconds.

So, the two gals and the gang of kids in the car did a stare-down until the bears ambled deeper into the berry patch and disappeared. The car drove off while I let my pounding heart slow down.

Another day ruined!

Since I considered the big boar a pretty testy one in his private berry patch, I left my bow in my vehicle and returned the next day with my old Stevens 12 GA double. I had a close run-in with the old boar just a few yards from where all the excitement happened the day before, and was charged by him.

The old boar is now a rug with open mouth mount  in my home.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2012, 03:47:24 PM »
You just gave a very good example John as to why I will never live with, get married or seriously date a woman again. Deep down they are ALL retards!! :idiot2 :idiot2 :idiot2 :idiot2 :idiot2 :idiot2 :idiot2
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 08:21:49 PM »
Well my bro in law called and got pics of ten diff. bucks so I gotz my order in!  O0 O0
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline BowNinja

• Happiness is a warm gut pile...
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2012, 02:46:42 AM »
I plan on heading over to Daniel Boone National Forest this Sunday to try my luck. I have a buddy showing me some spots he has hunted for quite a few years. I am hoping I get lucky and have a young buck or a good size doe cross my path. DBNF is freakin huge, so I'm hoping I don't have a bunch of  :idiot2 'tards  :idiot2 ruining my trip.
Thank God I don't hunt people, there would be none of you left!

BBF

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2012, 11:55:28 AM »
I'll tell you I will never hunt public land again for a number of reasons besides having to worry about others ruining my day. I've got a new partner, an old fart countryman of mine that has almost 80 acres with two very nice covered wooden stands overlooking a grassy area with lots of apple trees.
He didn't get a Doe Tag this year and we have agreed to split the Doe or whatever  shows up. He'll take a buck  if it shows and I'll do the Doe which are more numerous here.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2012, 12:38:33 PM »
Yesterday was a hell day, so I didn't have a chance to answer you.  Attached is an aerial view.  The circled areas are places that I used to hunt.  Bethlehem Rd is the same one that is on your map down by your X.  It dead ends there at the barn.  They used to have dove fields all around there.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline BowNinja

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2012, 04:11:54 AM »
I hear  you on not wanting to hunt public land. It seems at times to be more aggravation than it is worth! I have been looking around and talking to people, but no one here or around Madison county wants to let a man hunt on their land. If I had a nice stretch of Private land to hunt on I'd jump on it quick!

BC - Thanks for the reply. I'm starting a new job this Monday and they have we working 9 hour shifts monday - friday. Since the WMA here only allows hunting on wednesdays I am out of luck hunting there for a minimum of three weeks to a month. I could get up real early, but then I'd be spent by midnight when I get off. Maybe when my schedule opens up I can get a little more hunting in.

many thanks again for the pix!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2012, 08:11:20 AM »
What works best for me hunting public land is to head out early and start hunting the areas as far as possible from the access roads, the back of the woods. Game there usually have less hunting pressure because most folks hunt close to the roads and paths.

Head for deer trails and travel as quiet and slow as possible.

I have noticed something else over the years. Most good hunting in the woods is where the birds are hanging out. When you don't hear birds in the trees where you are squirrel hunting, there seems to be fewer squirrels and other game.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline BowNinja

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2012, 10:11:24 PM »
That is a good tip, I'll pay attention to that when i'm out next!

Facebook Comments