November 22, 2017, 12:29:17 AM

Author Topic: Need an opinion!  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Need an opinion!
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 07:43:36 PM »
Go to an archery shop somewhere and look over their used bows.  About any bow that's just a few years old will be a good one to start with.  The archery shop can also help you determne the right draw length and poundage you'll need.  I wouldn't buy a new bow right off the bat just yet if I were you.  For a good new one, you're talking $600-$1,000.  If you accidently screw it up in some way, that's going to be an expensive learning curve.  Get a used one that fits you and feels good and learn with it.  After you're familiar with the bow and know what you can/can't do in a year or two, then get a new bow if you want.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 06:58:55 AM »
 O0 Good advice!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 02:37:35 PM »
I've got a 4 wheel Browning laying around. Haven't used in many years.

Facebook Comments