November 19, 2017, 12:07:47 AM

Author Topic: AR Recommendations  (Read 936 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
AR Recommendations
« on: September 11, 2012, 07:30:54 PM »
I've been hankerin' for an AR15 for several years now....just couldn't ever swing the $$.  After ending up in a meeting with a fella that has his FFL and says he will hook me up for hardly any mark up at all on his side.....I'm considering "pulling" the trigger.

From what I've seen most of the big manufacturers are now owned by one group, so I wonder how much difference there really is in any of their models.  However....there's quite a bit of difference in their pricing.

what do you guys / gals think?  I'm only thinking about the entry level - but what would you recommend?  What are the keys to look for that bring value to a decent entry level AR?

« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 04:50:49 AM by Gutpiles »
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: AR Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 10:54:13 PM »
The day after the bigeared communist was elected I went down to my local store and bought 2 stripped lower receivers, then went on line to Delton.com and ordered a kit and assembled it myself. I ended up with just a little over $600 in a m4gery. I need to decide what to do with the other lower. I was considering a .204 but have been hearing rumblings about short barrel life so I have not decided yet.
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 09:52:10 AM »
The day after the bigeared communist was elected I went down to my local store and bought 2 stripped lower receivers, then went on line to Delton.com and ordered a kit and assembled it myself. I ended up with just a little over $600 in a m4gery. I need to decide what to do with the other lower. I was considering a .204 but have been hearing rumblings about short barrel life so I have not decided yet.
I do not own a black rifle but would certainly like to. I have my M16 and my M4 at work, but I can't take them home for my own use.  :roll:

I have 3 (squirrel) rifles and wife says they are enough rifles. Some wives tend to think that way, ya know. :idiot2
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 07:52:14 PM »
Right now I've got three. One Colt, one Wilson and one Bushmaster. Take your pick. They're all quality made and I can't really say one is better than another. If I had to choose I guess I'd go with the Wilson because I've met and know many of the guys who work up there, but truth be told, all three will get the job done. You looking to have it as a regular AR or are you looking to make into a tactical (sniper) rifle?
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 05:30:40 AM »
Right now I've got three. One Colt, one Wilson and one Bushmaster. Take your pick. They're all quality made and I can't really say one is better than another. If I had to choose I guess I'd go with the Wilson because I've met and know many of the guys who work up there, but truth be told, all three will get the job done. You looking to have it as a regular AR or are you looking to make into a tactical (sniper) rifle?
  O0 :twisted: And bo knows how to use them!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 06:10:38 PM »
I'm thinking regular AR.  The available fundage won't allow me to trick one out much.   :-\
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 11:13:28 PM »
That is the beauty of the system. You can add pieces parts as you go, it doesn't have to be done all at once.
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Facebook Comments