November 18, 2017, 12:42:38 PM

Author Topic: Huntin Tomorrow  (Read 3715 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Huntin Tomorrow
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 09:18:03 AM »
Congrats! O0 O0 O0
  O0 Yeah on that! Little black dog did good!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Justin Gilmer

• Gut Pile Guide
  • I love animals.... They're delicious!!
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 10:29:06 AM »
Thanks!  I've been taking her out every chance I get.  I think she's going to make a pretty good squirrel dog.  She LOVES to hunt.  I can't wait for these leaves to fall off so I can see the squirrels.  She's been hunting pretty far from me and the squirrels hide by the time I can get to the tree.
Don't feel bad.....  We can't all be #1.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 09:48:59 AM »
Thanks!  I've been taking her out every chance I get.  I think she's going to make a pretty good squirrel dog.  She LOVES to hunt.  I can't wait for these leaves to fall off so I can see the squirrels.  She's been hunting pretty far from me and the squirrels hide by the time I can get to the tree.
It will get better after the leaves drop.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Justin Gilmer

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 10:04:38 AM »
It will get better after the leaves drop.  :twisted:

That's what I'm hoping for!  I normally spend the rest of the year deer hunting when the leaves start falling, but hunting with this dog has been so fun I think I'll try to get her out once a week for some squirrel hunting.  It's kind of addictive when you see that the dog is understanding what you want and is finding game for you!  When she can actually use her eyes along with her nose I think the squirrel population is going to be in trouble.....  ;)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 04:26:52 PM »
I went out a couple of hours this morning and popped 3 with the HMR, 2 fox squirrels and 1 gray. My pal I went with figured we should meet up in town at 9:00 this AM because it was close to frost temps. I thought we should start earlier, but what the heck.

Of course the squirrels were out and running before we left town.  :sad:

Never take a rookie's advice when it comes to hunting!  :-X

Oh yeah, he got one, blew up half the squirrel and ended up with a couple of legs go go along with the one he got a while back, the same day I quit early and had 5 in the bag.  :roll: ;D Dang rookies!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 08:45:40 AM by John Andrews »

Offline Justin Gilmer

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 10:03:57 AM »
What is the limit on squirrels in Iowa?  Seems like it was 6 if I remember correctly.  Here in Missouri they have increased the limit to 10.  That'd be a bag full!   :shock:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 08:33:14 AM »
You are right, Justin. Iowa limit is 6, Illinois is 5. You are lucky to have so many squirrels in MO and a limit of 10.  O0

Offline Justin Gilmer

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2012, 12:30:40 PM »
The limit is 10, but I never come home with that many...   :tickedoff :-\ :'( I'd call 5 or 6 a great day!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 08:04:07 AM »
The limit is 10, but I never come home with that many...   :tickedoff :-\ :'( I'd call 5 or 6 a great day!
  O0 So would I!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 05:48:51 AM »
Am headed out this morning to terrorize the little buggers.  :twisted:

Facebook Comments