November 20, 2017, 02:13:50 PM

Author Topic: Should have had the camera  (Read 1376 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Should have had the camera
« on: September 14, 2012, 04:08:36 PM »
Well the duck boat project floats. O0 

We splashed the "Duck" boat in the river yesterday.Just doing that was quite an accomplishment. I went to start the "BURB" which is parked in front of the shop doors, and no go. I dinked with that for a bit and decided there was a massive ignition problem so I had to call the Burb's doctor and they came with a hook truck and pulled it away to be fixed. The boy was passing through town and wanted to get the boat wet bot didn't have his little truck. We Needed to see how it floated and ran to find a good spot for a 20 gallon gas tank. His wife Just took there BIG truck in to some brake work and found they had several other problems so the truck is tied up for the rest of the week too... SO no pull vehicle. I was thinking how I could hook it to the Buick, the wife said NO. Crap. A guy I Used to work with I ran in to at the store volunteered to pull it and wanted to see it run and maybe get a ride in a MUD boat. Cool. Off to the river we went. Got there and there dumping the dam for some work it put the boat ramp almost out of the water but Hey we have a mud boat so lock her in to four wheel drive and back her in. Well the motor started good and would run up to the governor with out a hitch ,the lack of a reverse was evident but with a little push off it went. A duck boat you steer standing up... Took a good amount of trial and airer to get a idea of what the hell to do but the boy got it under control and up the river we went. You know now I feel one of us should have stayed on the bank in the event 911 was needed but NO. We messed around and every thing checked out good, we put a big keeper in the front and added 20 gal of water ,Perfect. This looks like with some more tweaking it should work. We got 19 miles an hour up stream with 3 people and 20 gallons of water out of the 27 Hp mud motor and a 16" boat. TRUST me on this thats is about as fast as we want to go... To bad I didn't have the camera!!!

More to come later :D

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Should have had the camera
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 05:41:45 AM »
Too bad about all your trouble, D! I'm sure glad the rest worked out good for ya! What was the keeper fish?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 11:35:00 PM »
The HMR is the only gun to have prestige during a dook hunt...

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 04:18:05 AM »
The HMR is the only gun to have prestige during a dook hunt...
  O0 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments