October 23, 2017, 10:12:37 PM

Author Topic: BBQ COON  (Read 4628 times)

Offline DIXIEBANJO

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
BBQ COON
« on: January 27, 2005, 10:11:08 AM »

1 Raccoon
3 Sweet Potatoes
2 Lrg Cans of Pork & Beans
1 Medium Onion
1 Bottle of Pure Cane Syrup
1 Sticks of Pure Butter

Split coon in half length ways. Place both halves on grill and baste meat on both sides with BBQ sauce on every turn. Split sweet potatoes in half and lay in shallow baking pan lined with aluminum foil. Pour cane syrup over sweet potatoes evenly. Cut butter stick into 6 equal parts placing each part on top of individual halves. Then cover with foil. You can either put these on the grill with the meat or in your oven. When the sweet potatoes are done, the coon should be ready (depending if you bbq on high or medium heat. I use medium heat).

BBQ Sauce: 1) 1 lrg bottle of worcestershire sauce,
2) 1 stick of pure butter,
3) minced garlic,
4) minced onions,
5) cayenne pepper (powdered),
6) 1 tablespoon of honey.
Heat ingredients on low heat until blended and baste meat.
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

april

Re: BBQ COON
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 06:01:25 AM »
It's probably good....

lol...BUT, I swore off coon the day I walked in to great granny's kitchen, saw her open the door to the oven, and saw the "lil dog" (twas the coon) she was roasting..head and all. :shock: :sad:

Offline truk

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 01:25:18 PM »
Had me some last night, It is wonderful! :mrgreen:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Offline DIXIEBANJO

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 03:06:33 PM »
BTW,does anybody really know how to pronounce worchester sauce? I just mumble it real quick.
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 10:03:45 PM »
I pronounce it, "Wister Shister Shire" sauce  ???  I think the right was is "Wister-shire" sauce though.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline huntsman

• Gut Pile Guide
  • One shot. One kill. No exceptions.
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2005, 11:04:49 PM »
I may just try that soon.
One shot
One kill
No exceptions

Offline DIXIEBANJO

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 12:12:46 PM »
Thats news to me! Ive always called it.........Wor...and then just mumble something real quick for the last part like I know what Im sayin.Kinda like when you hear a song and have no idea what half the words are. :roll:

Online MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005, 09:12:24 PM »
Worcestershire sauce.....That's yankee for"What's this here sauce ?"!!
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Lady_taxidermist

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
    • http://www.brandonwildlifestudio.com
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 09:27:32 PM »
Sorry guys...i am "southern" and all...but AIN'T NO WAY i am eating coon. I skinned enough of them things out to know that i don't want no part of 'em. Tis' bad when you are skinning them and you have to watch the meat wiggle  *gag*

LadyT
Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently and for the same reason.

Sometimes i aim to please, but mostly i just shoot to kill.

All of us were born crying. Some of us outgrow it.

Offline huntsman

• Gut Pile Guide
  • One shot. One kill. No exceptions.
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2005, 09:21:40 PM »
I MAY try it this year. SOUNDS good,but hows it REALLY taste??
One shot
One kill
No exceptions

Facebook Comments