November 22, 2017, 11:43:12 AM

Author Topic: Swhacker Broadheads  (Read 3568 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Swhacker Broadheads
« on: October 19, 2012, 11:09:31 AM »
I switched to these things this year and have been thoroughly pleased with them!  :)   They make 3 different kinds, the 125 grain 2.25" cut (what I'm using), a 100 grain 2" cut, and a 100 grain 1.75" cut.

They advertise that they fly just like field tips and for myself and some others that I know are shooting them, they do.  O0

Here's a picture of them off of Swhacker's web site.

When they're closed, they've got a 1" cut.  The 2 little wings are designed to cut the hide and first set of ribs.  By the time that the little wing blades hit the skin, the point is already well inside the animal, eliminating any deflection due to hits at steep angles.  Once the little wing blades cut the skin/ribs, the backward pressure on them causes the 2 main blades to open inside the animal.  Where this portion of the blades hasn't cut anything yet, they're still pristine and razor sharp.  They cut anything they contact on the inside of the animal and cut a big exit hole.

Here are the blood trails from the first 2 deer I got this year using these heads.

The doe on 9/1, quartering away shot:

The buck on 9/15, broadside shot:

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Swhacker Broadheads
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 03:32:18 PM »
I'd say that pretty much qualifies as kill.
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Justin Gilmer

• Gut Pile Guide
  • I love animals.... They're delicious!!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 04:05:15 PM »
That left a pretty impressive hole!  I use split fire broadheads, they are kind of the same thing, but have three blades and don't require a rubberband.  The first deer I shot with them didn't run 10 yards and it looked like I dumped buckets of red paint all over the place.  Love em!
Don't feel bad.....  We can't all be #1.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 04:09:13 PM »
I'd say that pretty much qualifies as kill.

Man, I'll tell you what, those things impressed the crap out of me!  O0   I had watched the videos on their site about the torture testing the things went through and how they performed and was curious to see how they would do

I've shot a bunch of deer, with a bunch of different broadheads and have NEVER had bloodtrails like that with anything else.  :o

When my brother and I were trailing the buck, I remember asking him if he had blood up there by him.  His reply was something to the effect of, "Dude, it looks like a f**king blood bath up here!"  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 07:10:48 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 Awesome broadheads! I see the same results when I inspect harvested deer and I get the same feedback with the hunters. One of our installation disabled hunters hunts from a wheelchair and uses those broadheads with his crossbow.

If I was bowhunting, I would be using those broadheads.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 08:09:52 PM »
Being I have to nearly start from zero with the bowhunting gear, guess I'll go for the swackers and be done with it. I've heard of lots of the expanding broadheads that supposedly shot like field tips but didn't for most and have shyed away from them. Now I got to start over and the world seems to be going carbon with expandables, so I have little choice but to join them.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 08:28:38 AM »
  :wink: Yep, gotta keep up with improvements, in most cases.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 08:54:57 PM »
Still don't know if they'd help Nutz much! :D ;D :-P :twisted: :roll: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments