October 24, 2017, 07:35:56 AM

Author Topic: NC opening day success!!!!!!  (Read 599 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
NC opening day success!!!!!!
« on: October 22, 2012, 09:01:22 AM »
What an amazing openign day I had back on 10-13...it was opening day of general firearms season for the eastern part of NC.

That morning I got in a stand in an oak filled bottom between a soy bean field and a cut over. There was tons of acorns and deer sign and I hoped to catch one slipping back to bed from the beans. I decided to carry the 12 gauge along with the rifle "just in case" the local dog guys ran one through my bottom. Just about 7:30, just as I can see good, I hear the dogs on the neighboring property. I get the shotgun off the hook and lay it beside the rifle. After about 15 minutes I can hear the dogs getting closer. I start to get a little excited but then hear them turn away from me and cross the paved road. I sit back down but in just a few minutes I hear brush breaking. I stand up and grab the shotgun and look left and see a deer bouncing through the woods. The deer runs straight to me and I gave it a load of 00 buck at 10-15 yards...DRT. NIce little 6 point. I talked to one of the club members and he said a guy at the road turned the deer and the dogs lost it. Lucky for me he did!! Deer down and back at the house by 8:30am.

Saturday evening I took MissStrutter to our food plot and got her settled in. I went to my favorite stand on the farm and got settled in watching a huge bean field. I had some dogs come close early on but not close enough to get me excited. About 6:20 I was looking down the edge of the field behind me and caught movement just inside the short pines. I knew it was a deer but before I could get the bino's on it, it was gone. I turned and sat sideways in the stand to keep an eye on that corner and about 6:45 I see movement again. I instantly see horns walking out into the beans and grabbed my rifle instead of the binos. By the time I get my rifle up and rested on the limb another buck had came out into the field. I could tell with my naked eye at 150 yards that buck #2 was the one I wanted. I'll be honest now guys......I shanked the first shot to God knows where, but he just picked his head up and looked around. I settled in like you're supposed to on shot #2 and dropped him in his tracks. It's an awesome deer for Warren Co. and my 4th big buck out of this stand in 5 years. This is the biggest bodied deer I've ever killed and I really regret not having any scales.

I've definitely been blessed this year and will never forget this day. Two more buck tags to go and a whole lot of season to go!!!

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: NC opening day success!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 08:26:30 PM »
Way To Go!!!! O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 09:14:53 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 O0 Nice going, Ned!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 10:31:15 AM »
great buck!
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Facebook Comments