December 14, 2017, 07:52:58 PM

Author Topic: Hey BO!  (Read 953 times)

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
Hey BO!
« on: October 24, 2012, 10:14:57 AM »
You hear about the Worth CO. Buck that was killed this past weekend?? I saw a picture of it but can't find the story yet. Heard it is going in the GON. 23 pts and 275 lbs.

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Hey BO!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 05:08:17 PM »
You got me on that one! I hadn't heard, but when you said Worth county, I'm not surprised at the size of the deer.

For the longest time, there was a tie for the 2 heaviest whitetails ever taken. They were  both 355 pounds field dressed.

One was shot in Maine and the other was shot in Worth county. Worth county has a lot of land in crops and its mostly privately owned land. Toss in the fact that when the area was restocked back in the early 60s, the deer came from Wisconsin, and you can see that would all add up to some big deer.  :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The hunter was a guy from Tallahassee who was hunting on land owned by his family. Shot it back in 1972 in the middle of a corn field.

Going to have to get that issue of GON!! O0 O0 O0
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 05:11:11 PM by bohicajuan »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 11:13:55 AM »
I found a link to it!
http://www.ksdk.com/sports/article/344434/6/Georgia-hunter-bags-massive-23-point-250-pound-buck-
Man! what a deer!
This deer was taken about 50 miles from where I hunt. Lots of heavy farm land up that way.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:15:33 AM by J-BUCKS »

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 09:00:32 AM »
 :shock: O0 Big Buck!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 04:08:43 PM »
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments