October 21, 2017, 01:24:12 PM

Author Topic: DUH!  (Read 1643 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
DUH!
« on: December 02, 2012, 03:15:10 PM »
A lot of success while hunting is due to experience and learning how to shoot before we hit the woods. Some folks never do get it. Case in point, I was watching a deer hunting show on the Sportsman Channel with a "guide" and a so-called experienced hunter.

A nice buck was standing still and broadside to them, a perfect setup (for most rifle deer hunters). Alas, they ranged the deer with a good rangefinder, ranged it at 210 yards. They kept jawing about the deer being far too distance away to shoot.  ??? :idiot2 :D ;D  The shooter had a nice scoped rifle, probably a waste of good equipment.

Yep, the deer walked and the guy finally managed to shoot a yearling.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: DUH!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 09:13:25 PM »
What the hell kind of rifle did he have, .357, .44 mag, .45 LC?  I mean with the exception of those calibers, 210 yds would be a chip shot. :?
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

BBF

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 11:56:06 PM »
Well if this was an Eastern Hunter, anything past 75 yards is to far.
Honestly I zero my Deer Rifles for 50 yards and I have had one shot that was beyond that range in 4 years of successful hunting in Nova Scotia. That particular shot was no problem because I used a 30-06 that evening.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 06:34:03 AM »
What the hell kind of rifle did he have, .357, .44 mag, .45 LC?  I mean with the exception of those calibers, 210 yds would be a chip shot. :?
I forget what round he was using, but was a flat shooter the guide furnished. The guide probably figured the client couldn't hit the side of a barn.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 06:29:13 PM »
I don't like to brag, but I kill deer that far out with my bb gun! :-P :twisted: :roll: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 09:37:47 AM »
I don't like to brag, but I kill deer that far out with my bb gun! :-P :twisted: :roll: :wink:
  ;D ;D ;D ;D Heck yeah!

I am amazed how long it takes hunters to flip off the safety, draw a bead, and finally shoot when doing those hunting shows.  They whine when the critter finally walks out of sight before the hunter shoots.  :idiot2  They would certainly go home empty handed if they hunted squirrels that way!  ;D

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 06:07:18 PM »
There are so many outdoor shows on these days, that it doesn't take long to get sick of them. How many of you are old enough to remember Virgil Ward? He was strictly fishing, but it was fishing for the fun of it.

Use to be a guy named Frank White who had a show called the Southern Sportsman. His show was about the hunting and fishing in North and South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland and Georgia. It was always about having fun though. He didn't always score and if he did, it wasn't always a huge fish or deer, but it was just a fun show.

Why can't there be shows like that anymore? :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 09:03:09 AM »
 O0 Yeah on that, bo!

BBF

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 03:07:11 PM »
Because it became a big business for trophy hunters and outfitters. Look at the number of sponsors and ads they stick into a 30 minute program. I used to pay for the Wild TV channel but discontinued it. Got tired of archery, and bragging about how big whatever it was.

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 03:50:38 PM »
How many of you are old enough to remember Virgil Ward?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 03:52:19 PM by J-BUCKS »

Facebook Comments