October 23, 2017, 04:47:30 PM

Author Topic: Look what showed up!  (Read 2180 times)

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
Look what showed up!
« on: December 05, 2012, 11:21:30 AM »
Been hunting hard all season so far and seen only 3 deer. 2 small bucks and this guy. I am gonna try and get him before the season is over, but if I dont, think of how many fawns this guy will produce! Give me an idea what you all think he might score.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Look what showed up!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 09:50:03 AM »
 O0 Nice buck, J!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 10:12:38 AM »
Thanks John. I had this guy at 200 yards a couple weeks ago and I had a stray dog run out in the cut between me and him. All I got was the white flag high sign. Didnt know how big he was since I only got to look at him for about 3 seconds. Glad I got a good pic to tell me what he looks like. I have a picture of this same deer I think from 2 years ago. That is the only time he has been seen on our property. I think he is Prob around 5 or 6 years old.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 09:12:28 PM »
My brother sent me some pictures tonight from my camera over across the road.  Got several daylight pictures of this dude.

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 10:02:18 AM »
 O0 Nice one!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 09:48:13 AM »
I don't worry about score or points since neither are edible. One thing for sure, that stray dog would never be running again if I got the cross hairs on him/her.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 02:25:06 PM »
I don't worry about score or points since neither are edible. One thing for sure, that stray dog would never be running again if I got the cross hairs on him/her.
  :twisted: Yeah on that!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 02:19:22 PM »
Here's one of the deer my brother has been trying to get.  He fiddle farted around and didn't really hunt during the gun season (when the rut was on).  He started hunting hard during the late muzzleloading season this month, but by that time, all of the deer had pretty much gone nocturnal (as you can see by the time on the picture).  I think he hunted every day and never saw a deer.  ;D

What's funny is that the second weekend of gun season, the day I shot the turkey with the crossbow, he said that his alarm went off at 5:30 AM, he rolled over and grabbed his phone, saw that the temp was 17 degrees and rolled back over and went back to sleep.  That morning, we've got a picture of the deer show below going right by the shooting shack at 10:30 AM.  ;D ;D ;D

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 10:00:43 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Would have looked good on the wall!

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 10:15:25 AM »
One thing for sure, that stray dog would never be running again if I got the cross hairs on him/her.
Well, I have always said if I seen a dog running deer and they didn't have a collar on, I would give him a dirt nap. Dog was about 140 yards and couldnt be sure if it had a collar on. Thing is, here it is legal to run deer with dogs, just not legal where I hunt.

Facebook Comments