November 24, 2017, 07:44:29 AM

Author Topic: Your Take On The Assault on AR's / AK's  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Your Take On The Assault on AR's / AK's
« on: December 20, 2012, 10:37:39 AM »
So how do you think Mr. Obama's latest episode of acting out will end?  Do you think he is going to be successful in a ban on hi-cap mags and "assault" weapons?  No amount of logic and reasoning is going to stop the networks from pushing the agenda, so this is going to be an uphill battle to get beyond the emotions.

The effect I've seen so far is NO AR's / AK's in stock ANYWHERE and the ones  that are being sold by individuals are being jacked up bigtime.  I also did a search to try to find 30 rd mags and the best results I could find was "backorder".  I was able to find a couple of sites that claimed to have them in stock, but they were "no-name distributors" with quick start store software and no SSL order entry.....in other words.....SCAM. 

Just curious what you guys are seeing and what your take is......   ???
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 01:40:26 PM by Gutpiles »
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Your Take On The Assault on AR's / AK's
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 02:32:22 PM »
Haven't been looking (we can tell who has the money...  ::)  ).

As for the bans and such, I believe that they'll probably be able to push through a ban on the manufacture/sale of high capacity magazines, but I can't see them doing it with AR-15's.  AK-47's maybe, but not the AR platform.  They are just too popular right now.  With the high capacity magazines, I can't think of a logical argument that would hold water at this time.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 11:29:23 AM »
I agree with that, BC.

I watched Oboma pass the buck to his VP during his speech. Imagine either one of them chairing a government gun violence committee, or any of their cronies making an intelligent decision. The whole idea is idiotic.  :idiot2 :crazy2 :uglystupid2 :tickedoff
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 12:41:34 PM »
None of this stuff is legal up here so there is no change for me, besides I think AR's and AK's are uuuuugly !! I wouldn't have one buried in my backyard.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 12:05:13 AM »
I'm not overly fond of the looks of an AR or AK either, but see no reason for them to be banned based simply on the military look of them. Just feel good therapy for the moran masses and the leaders that tell them what to think. I think they are very likely to pass such bans, especially if they can act while emotions are still running high and reason has not yet set in.
 The real concern I have is what they might propose to do about the so called "assault" weapons that are already in public hands. This might bring on a public up-rising in this country such as we have never seen on our own soil.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 12:11:26 AM by MOSPARKY »
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 08:48:22 AM »
The real concern I have is what they might propose to do about the so called "assault" weapons that are already in public hands. This might bring on a public up-rising in this country such as we have never seen on our own soil.

Read an article the other day where the NY Governor, Andrew Cuomo, was talking about something being done about all of the "assault" weapons out there now.  One of the options that he put forward was confiscation.  :x

Now he was strictly talking for NY only, but still, if someone tries to come and take my guns, they can have them when my magazines are empty and I'm dead.  :tickedoff
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 02:27:18 PM »
Amen brother - that wouldn't turn out well.  They're bold, but I don't think they are that bold.   :uglystupid2

BBF

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 03:04:58 PM »
If they know you got 'em they will get them without one single shot being fired from their side if they choose to do so.

Starting with no paychecks, electricity or any other public utility. They can stop your credit card and block/freeze your accounts. All perfectly legal

If you got kids in school they be picked up on day by Child Protective Services or some Dudes in black and they'll have you saying "Uncle" in no time 'til you beg them to take what they are looking for. Then you can sit on your boxes of ammo and wonder why you spent the $ on them.

If the present Admin has their way and why should they not, you be lucky to retain single shot CF rifles and maybe a wheel gun with a min barrel of 5" or so.

Handloading could be stopped by prohibiting Primer sales to civilians. Go get a flintlock if you can find 'em.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 09:12:55 PM »
This sorry excuse for a president will pull his dictator card at any moment to get his way! Andour congress has no balls to shut his butt down!  :knuppel2 :tickedoff :tickedoff
Still killen and grillen!!!

BBF

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 09:43:27 AM »
This sorry excuse for a president will pull his dictator card at any moment to get his way! Andour congress has no balls to shut his butt down!  :knuppel2 :tickedoff :tickedoff

My take on that as well. Plus I suspect there will be more random mass shootings somewhere in the USA and possibly up here to a lesser extend. >:(

In the meantime Obama's kids go to a private school that has a bunch of armed guards, civilian or otherwise making sure they are save.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 09:45:29 AM by BBF »

Facebook Comments