December 13, 2017, 08:12:20 AM

Author Topic: A Long Drawn Out Day!  (Read 4806 times)

Offline 2Nutz

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: A Long Drawn Out Day!
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2012, 04:21:46 PM »
So whens the jerky being shipped out to me?  :roll: :roll: way to go.  O0 O0 O0 O0
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2012, 11:15:15 PM »
Finally decided to get the deer "officially" measured earlier this month (yes, it took me that long to finally make up my mind).  Found a Buckmasters scorer up here pretty close to me so I took a half day off work and met him at his house for him to score it.  I had asked him over the phone if there was any charge for the scoring and he said that there wasn't and that he didn't charge anything.  To "compensate" him for his trouble though, I took him a roll of salami with pepper cheese that I had made last year that I still had in the freezer.  ;)

Between scoring, checking the math, shooting the bull, and filling out all of the paperwork, about 4 hours later we got done.  ::)

Final total on it was 144 3/8" composite BTR  O0   Due to the small hook on the right antler and the big extra point on the left, it put it at 7% irregular, which threw it into the Semi-Irregular category of the BTR (Buckmasters Trophy Records).

I got the certificate and notification tonight where it was accepted into the BTR program.  O0   Just for giggles, I looked on their online records to see if it was listed in there yet.  It wasn't, but what I did notice was that for a crossbow in KY, it will be the 3rd largest recorded.  O0

Got Mr. Anderson (the scorer) to fill out all of the paperwork I needed for the American Crossbow Federation entry.  Sent it in about a week ago but haven't heard anything back from them on it yet, but I can't see them having a problem with it.

It's cool that I've got one "officially" in the record books and I still catch myself looking at the mount about every night, but the rack wasn't why I shot the deer.  Don't get me wrong, I don't know anyone who doesn't like a big rack.  >:D   But I enjoy the meat a heck of a lot more than the rack.  ;)   Matter of fact, we had spaghetti tonight with deer meat in the sauce.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2012, 08:41:23 AM »
  O0  O0 O0 Great score and congratulations, BC! I hope the other set of paperwork gets processed quickly. The awards will look great next to each other.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments