December 15, 2017, 03:22:58 AM

Author Topic: One way or another!  (Read 2267 times)

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
One way or another!
« on: January 04, 2013, 04:52:18 PM »
I have been hunting my property since Oct and due to logging of the property next to us we have not had any luck all season. I have seen a total of 2 deer the whole season and both were only for about 3 or 4 seconds.I called my Hunting buddy that lives in Alabama right before Christmas and was going to set up my Jan. hunt like normal. He told me that he had lost his lease in Sept and that all he had was 40 ac. to hunt by his house. I asked him if he thought there were any deer around and he said he had seen a good bit, but with 40 ac. you never know. On Dec. 26th my Son and I loaded up and headed over to hunt 3 days on his 40 . We got our tags and unpacked and sat down and went thru his game camera pics. After that we kinda knew where to go. We hunted all day on the 27th without seeing anything. We got back out on the 28th and about 7:30 my son shoots twice! I get to him and he has 2 on the ground!

Then on the 29th, I had a doe come by about 8:30 am I thought, I might get a chance to see how this 7 Mag will shoot. About a half an hour later I had a Spike walk out at about 75 yards. I put the M77 on him and pulled the trigger and BAM! He hit the ground like a sack of potatoes. I called my hunting buddy and he said I'll be there in 10 mins. I hung up and looked back at my deer and there was another one standing there looking at the one on the ground, So the M77 spoke again and that one didnt twich. I am HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 04:56:29 PM by J-BUCKS »

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: One way or another!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 08:24:07 PM »
Congrats to you and your son J-Bucks!  O0   Looks like you fellers made up for lost time in pretty short order.

I gotta say though, I think my dog is bigger than that one your son got.  ;D   It is big enough to make the skillet stink though.  ;)

My brother fiddle-farted around and went deer-less this year, in spite of all of the pictures that we got.  Serves him right!  ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 07:38:39 AM »
 O0 You fellas done good! Four down in nothing flat!

BC, are ya SURE he's really your brother?  :wink: :roll: ;D I think you got all the hunting genes and he got left out.  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 10:41:36 AM »
Dane it bo! You done told where my deer zoo was!  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 09:02:44 AM »
thanks guys! BC, the boy said that the Doe and yearling came out and he popped the Doe. The yearling ran off and came came about 20 mins later about 200 yards down the field. He figured since he ain't taken a deer in 6 years, that he might as well see if he could hit one out that far. So he nailed it. Gonna be good eating right there.
The new Ruger M77 7 mag that I picked up this past summer worked like a charm. At least I ain't on here telling ya how I missed like the last couple years!  :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 12:22:22 PM »
The yearling ran off and came came about 20 mins later about 200 yards down the field. He figured since he ain't taken a deer in 6 years, that he might as well see if he could hit one out that far. So he nailed it. Gonna be good eating right there.

That be the case, he should get an award for being able to hit something that small at that distance!  :o

;D ;D

At least I ain't on here telling ya how I missed like the last couple years!  :o :o :o :o

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.  ;)

;D ;D

Just kidding ya' man!  Congrats on the deer!  O0   Some just render more meat than others, but they all eat the same.  ;)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 02:20:55 PM »
BC, if you look at the pic, he almost missed. He is a lot better shot than his old Man. He shoots a 243 pump and has killed prob 15 deer with it in 10 years. Over half of them were out over 150 yards. That is a flat shooting rifle. When he was in High school, he would shoot 2 or 3 a year, then College and 2 legged deer came into the pic and he aint been able to go but maybe 2 or 3 times a season. Since he is teaching school, we are going to try and make the Alabama trip a Christmas Break tradition from now on.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 02:24:49 PM by J-BUCKS »

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 09:07:22 PM »
Alright! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

BBF

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 10:17:18 PM »
Our Does are about the same size up here, unfortunately we only get one deer per season in most of the Province.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 10:19:35 PM »
Here in Georgia we are allowed to take 10 doe and most of us think that is way too much. We've been trying to get the number lowered for several years, we'll try again this year.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments