October 23, 2017, 02:15:54 AM

Author Topic: st croix rods  (Read 2781 times)

Offline 2labs

st croix rods
« on: January 18, 2013, 09:20:47 PM »
I recently broke the tip on my St Croix ice rod. I contacted them on Facebook & they said to call their service center for a replacement tip kit. I called & got the surprise of my life. They would not sell me a replacement tip & told me to buy a new rod. I have been using these rods for over 15 yrs & own several rods of this brand. For a premium rod company to to treat their customers this way was extremely infuriating.  I expected better of them. They apparently haven't learned yet that products attract customers, but service keeps them. This is part of what is wrong with America today.
 St Croix...your customer service sucks. :tickedoff

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: st croix rods
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 05:49:45 AM »
Yeah on that!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline 2labs

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 08:50:48 PM »
There is a bright light at the end of the tunnel. After attending the "Guns Across America Pro 2nd Amendment rally in Lincoln today, I took the rod into the Scheels store to buy a tip. After I told the clerk what happened,  said they could fix that & went to the shelf & got another rod. I told him I didn't want to buy another rod, he said St Croix's reply was BS & he would exchange the rod for a new one. He said Scheels would get a refund & I got a new rod. Now that's customer service. Take note St Croix. Thanks Scheels!

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 11:40:14 PM »
Glad to hear somebody knows how to treat customers and potential customers. O0
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 03:10:52 AM »
 O0 Yeah on that!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 07:29:19 PM »
Man that really blows, but it almost seems par for the course these days.

Back in the late 70s I bought a travel kit spinning set made by Daiwa, I kept it in my truck and the darn thing must have traveled several thousand miles with me. I even stuck in my ruck once when I was deployed to Germany for REFORGER. I never got to use it but how many guys can say they had a spinning outfit as part of their TO&E? :twisted: :roll: ;D

I didn't use it for several years and it was in a box in my closet for a long time. I took it out and looked it over in 1995 and saw that the piece that covers the exposed handle slot on the right side of the reel was missing. It was just a tiny piece and not important for any real function. This particular model was no longer made and I figured I'd never find a replacement.

I kind of it let it go and a few months later went to the annual fishing show they have here and saw a rep for Daiwa and told him what a great little package they made and it how I'd used it all over the place. When I told him after all these years I only had lost that one little piece, he asked me for my address and said he would send me the piece no charge.

I wasn't sure if I believed it but I gave him my address and 4 weeks later I got a little box from California and the piece was in it. Free of charge.

Things like that are so rare these days as to almost be unbelievable.

That same year I went to the fall hunting show and there was a rep from Marlin there who put the douche in douchebag. After speaking with him my faith in mans worthlessness was restored! :knuppel2 :tickedoff
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 07:30:55 PM by bohicajuan »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 07:31:41 AM »
Well, you know about those junky Marlins,......................................... !

I bet this gets BC going!  ;D

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 08:52:43 AM »
Well, you know about those junky Marlins,......................................... !

I bet this gets BC going!  ;D

It's cause he was a transplant from Savage.  ::)   Due to no one wanting to buy Savage rifles, they had to lay off their sales reps.  The guy had to try to find a job somewhere and Marlin took pity on him.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 09:26:58 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 05:25:39 PM »
I'm not joking. The idiot didn't know a thing about the rifles. I don't know if he was a stand in or mentally retarded. He couldn't answer a single question posed to him, and was a jerk to boot. He didn't know the prices, he didn't know about the new models that were due to come out. Didn't know how many rounds fit in the 1895 or the 336. If his IQ was 2 points lower, we'd have stuck him in the garden and watered him twice a day!! :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments